gigabyte ds3 voltage concern

clarkboyo

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
O.k.. i just have a little confusion with my computer. cpu-z and my bios are conflicting for some reason in regards to the voltage.. The stock voltage for my pentium d 820 should be 1.325 but the cpu-z shows it at 1.25 or 1.26 which is kind of annoying seeing as i'm trying to make sure my cpu has enough voltage for the extra +200mhz I oc-ed it to... There was one problem when i oc-ed it before because after an hour it would freeze so I thought, because nothing else seemed wrong... that it might be the voltage.. but when checking the voltage of my computer.. the bios gave me a 1.325 while cpu-z is showing a .1 difference.. I'm pretty new to o-cing so i don't know if that .1 will even make that big of a difference since it's just a .2ghz increase but still...

this is the pic...

thx for any help :)

TRD-3SGTE

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
I don't trust voltage reading from CPU-Z
I use Gigabyte's Tune and Everest.
They report the same number
So if you dont have Everest, just trust the Tune 5.
screenie-3-2.jpg

Look at my screenie above :

CPU-Z reported the voltage at 1.175 which is SO WRONG.
Everest read it at 1.50v while EasyTune5 is set at 1.55v.

I lost 0.5v due to "Vdroop".
It's common on Intel Board.
You set 1.55v, you get 1.50 on load.
You set 1.4v, you get 1.37v.
Don't worry, it's common.

So I won't trust voltage reading on CPU-Z ^__^

clarkboyo

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
oh.. o.k. so it's not that much of a problem huh.. ok great :D hehe thx a lot :)

so o.k. one last question, will the .1 make that big a difference in terms of having enough voltage when o-cing and if not when would it really make a difference (this is so i know how to put proper voltage settings for further overclocking)

thx for the help