Os2 Subsystem reinstall

As part of a hardening project I removed these registry keys:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Optional
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Os2
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Posix
I did not delete any of the system32 subsystem files.
After doing so I come to find out that a documented DOS application is an Os2
application that runs in a DOS-like window.
Now I need to reinstall the Os2 subsystem portion. I have re-entered the
registry keys, restored the original computer settings with setup
security.inf, and deleted
any registry keys added as part of hardening but the application still does
not function. I get the DOS window with c:\winnt\system32\Os2.exe in the
Title Bar,
a cursor blinking in the upper left corner of the window, and that's all.
This is the same result as with the hardened configuration, so I am stumped
about what else to do.
More about subsystem reinstall

    I don't know for sure since I have never had to do such but if you have a
    recent backup of the System State you might want to try and restore
    that. --- Steve

    "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > As part of a hardening project I removed these registry keys:
    > HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Optional
    > HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Os2
    > HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Posix
    > I did not delete any of the system32 subsystem files.
    > After doing so I come to find out that a documented DOS application is an
    > Os2
    > application that runs in a DOS-like window.
    > Now I need to reinstall the Os2 subsystem portion. I have re-entered the
    > registry keys, restored the original computer settings with setup
    > security.inf, and deleted
    > any registry keys added as part of hardening but the application still
    > does
    > not function. I get the DOS window with c:\winnt\system32\Os2.exe in the
    > Title Bar,
    > a cursor blinking in the upper left corner of the window, and that's all.
    > This is the same result as with the hardened configuration, so I am
    > stumped
    > about what else to do.

OS/2 Windows