I get now!

Last response: in Video Games
May 8, 2004 5:28:23 AM

Ok, I didn't get why one must raise both male and female to pass on level up
moves. But this was because I had passed on a move to a youngster.

I now get that if a level up move is also a TM move it gets passed on. I am
now enlightened.

daramark <<feeling really stupid>>

More about : question

Anonymous
May 8, 2004 9:49:43 PM

"daramark" <mark.bull@CANsympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Ok, I didn't get why one must raise both male and female to pass on level
up
> moves. But this was because I had passed on a move to a youngster.
>
> I now get that if a level up move is also a TM move it gets passed on. I
am
> now enlightened.
>

> daramark <<feeling really stupid>>

lol. Yes, that's why it is important to teach important moves to the males.
I was really into breading for Silver and Crystal, but haven't got into it
for R/S. You don't actually need to raise a female Pokemon though, because
you'll always get an offspring of its type no matter what level.

--

"aouf" It's the new (edited) way of swearing
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=aouf&f=1

"Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "daramark" <mark.bull@CANsympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Ok, I didn't get why one must raise both male and female to pass on
level
> up
> > moves. But this was because I had passed on a move to a youngster.
> >
> > I now get that if a level up move is also a TM move it gets passed on.
> am
> > now enlightened.
> >

> > daramark <<feeling really stupid>>
>
> lol. Yes, that's why it is important to teach important moves to the
males.
> I was really into breading for Silver and Crystal, but haven't got into it
> for R/S. You don't actually need to raise a female Pokemon though, because
> you'll always get an offspring of its type no matter what level.

But I wanted a Breloom with Spore. And some moves it learns as a Breloom.
Mind you, I think I still have a long way to go. I think I have to raise
the male Seedot that I bred False Swipe onto; then breed that to a new
female Shroomish and get a male Shroomish that knows False Swipe, then get
that one up to 54 and breed it to the 54 female to finally get a Shroomish
that knows Spore and False Swipe.

But having typed all that, maybe I won't. But I like the idea that I
possibly could.

daramark
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 6:13:00 PM

> "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "daramark" <mark.bull@CANsympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > > Ok, I didn't get why one must raise both male and female to pass on
> level
> > up
> > > moves. But this was because I had passed on a move to a youngster.
> > >
> > > I now get that if a level up move is also a TM move it gets passed on.
> > am
> > > now enlightened.
> > >

> > > daramark <<feeling really stupid>>
> >
> > lol. Yes, that's why it is important to teach important moves to the
> males.
> > I was really into breading for Silver and Crystal, but haven't got into
it
> > for R/S. You don't actually need to raise a female Pokemon though,
because
> > you'll always get an offspring of its type no matter what level.
>

> But I wanted a Breloom with Spore. And some moves it learns as a Breloom.
> Mind you, I think I still have a long way to go. I think I have to raise
> the male Seedot that I bred False Swipe onto; then breed that to a new
> female Shroomish and get a male Shroomish that knows False Swipe, then get
> that one up to 54 and breed it to the 54 female to finally get a Shroomish
> that knows Spore and False Swipe.
>
> But having typed all that, maybe I won't. But I like the idea that I
> possibly could.

Many things are possible, just the thought the bloody process of it may
hinder your progress.
!