user privileges

Tags:
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 10, 2004 11:25:01 PM

Im using windows 2000 and loginned using administrator. however, even im
supposed to have all permissions to modify anything on the computer, I am not
able to install anything at all. An error occurs in the application event
viewer:
type:error
user:NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Source: Userenv
Category: None
EventID: 1000
windows cannot determine the user or computer name: return value 1722

another error in the event viewer is:
type:error
user:N/A
source:MsiInstaller
Category:None
EventID:11925
Product: Command AntiVirus for Windows -- Error 1925. You do not have
sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the
machine. Log on as administrator and then retry this installation.

How do i fix the problem?

More about : user privileges

Anonymous
December 11, 2004 8:49:10 AM

Is this a domain computer?? If so try logging on as a "local" administrator
to see if that works. If it is a domain computer it might be misconfigured
and not be able to find the domain controller probably due to dns issue such
as not having a domain controller as it's preferred dns server in tcp/ip
properties and as shown by Ipconfig /all. If it is not a domain computer,
verify that the account you are logging on with is in the local
administrators group. --- Steve

!