user privileges

Im using windows 2000 and loginned using administrator. however, even im
supposed to have all permissions to modify anything on the computer, I am not
able to install anything at all. An error occurs in the application event
viewer:
type:error
user:NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Source: Userenv
Category: None
EventID: 1000
windows cannot determine the user or computer name: return value 1722

another error in the event viewer is:
type:error
user:N/A
source:MsiInstaller
Category:None
EventID:11925
Product: Command AntiVirus for Windows -- Error 1925. You do not have
sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the
machine. Log on as administrator and then retry this installation.

How do i fix the problem?
1 answer Last reply
More about user privileges

    Is this a domain computer?? If so try logging on as a "local" administrator
    to see if that works. If it is a domain computer it might be misconfigured
    and not be able to find the domain controller probably due to dns issue such
    as not having a domain controller as it's preferred dns server in tcp/ip
    properties and as shown by Ipconfig /all. If it is not a domain computer,
    verify that the account you are logging on with is in the local
    administrators group. --- Steve

    "pitt" <pitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Im using windows 2000 and loginned using administrator. however, even im
    > supposed to have all permissions to modify anything on the computer, I am
    > not
    > able to install anything at all. An error occurs in the application event
    > viewer:
    > type:error
    > user:NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > Source: Userenv
    > Category: None
    > EventID: 1000
    > windows cannot determine the user or computer name: return value 1722
    >
    > another error in the event viewer is:
    > type:error
    > user:N/A
    > source:MsiInstaller
    > Category:None
    > EventID:11925
    > Product: Command AntiVirus for Windows -- Error 1925. You do not have
    > sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the
    > machine. Log on as administrator and then retry this installation.
    >
    > How do i fix the problem?

Windows