Sign in with
Your question

Best processor for the dollar

Last response: in CPUs
February 17, 2007 3:09:10 AM

This is probably a very common question. But to get the most recent opinion, I wish to ask again.

Considering I can pay a modest price, what is the best processor available at this time? I work with CAD applications like SolidWorks and CATIA and sometimes work with large video files. I'm thinking that my budget for the processor should be kept below 400 dollars.

More about : processor dollar

February 17, 2007 3:44:24 AM

Quote:
This is probably a very common question. But to get the most recent opinion, I wish to ask again.

Considering I can pay a modest price, what is the best processor available at this time? I work with CAD applications like SolidWorks and CATIA and sometimes work with large video files. I'm thinking that my budget for the processor should be kept below 400 dollars.
This post is likely to start a flame war, but IMO...for your price-range, the E6600 is the best bang/buck.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600...$315.00
February 17, 2007 4:31:05 AM

OMG. You're totally wrong man. How can you even recommend a E6600? Clearly the Athlon FX-74 is the best bet. Farking Intel fan boys. This place sickens me. It's nothing but a damn poster board for Intel fanboys to come and recommend only Intel. I'm sure you're getting some kick back, aren't you Jack? Hmmm? Don't want to talk about it you say? Figures. This place can kiss my arse.

Right Baron?
February 17, 2007 4:48:33 AM

I'm sure someone will misread my sarcasm.
!