Please Help - Default User Account Deleted

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 12, 2004 11:47:54 PM

My friend was trying to access a secure web page but was having problems.
He searched the internet for a solution and found one he said was from a
Microsoft site. It told him to delete his user account and then try and
logon using that account (this seemed stupid to me, surely Microsoft would
not have instructed him to do this?!?).

He cannot logon to his machine. Even if he tries logging on using the
'Guest' account he cannot, as it has been deactivated (the machine was
set-up to log automatically using the account he deleted.) I don't think he
knows the 'Administrator' password as he is not getting the message saying
account deactivated, just the cannot logon message for that account.

I tried starting the computer in safe mode, but as you know the machine
still wanted me to logon.

If I can log on to the machine (with Administrator privileges) , I will be
able to create a new account and set the machine to logon automatically
using that account (as he is not interested in securing his machine from
anyone who can sit at it). But I can not log on to the machine for reasons
explained above.

If there is a fix for this problem and you could explain it to me I would be
very thankful.

Regards,

Conor McCartney

More about : default user account deleted

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 12:41:17 AM

You are going to need a utility to reset the password to the built in
administrator account password which requires full physical access to the
computer. The link below details how to do this and where to get the utility
from. I doubt your friend was instructed to delete the user account. He
probably was advised to delete the user account "profile" due to possible
corruption and a new profile would be generated for him at next logon. ---
Steve

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.ht...

!