Permissions for GroupShield

ste

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2002

Does anyone know how to setup permissions to be able to access and update
the anti-virus files in Network Associates Groupshield via Exchange 5.5 SP4
on a W2K server, when the user is not an administrator of the server? We
have several technicians who need this access, but nothing else on the
server.

cheers

Ste

Unless you get the answer here, I really recommend asking in a NAI support
forum. There are at least two, an official one somewhere at www.nai.com,

Ste wrote:
> Does anyone know how to setup permissions to be able to access and
> update the anti-virus files in Network Associates Groupshield via
> Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a W2K server, when the user is not an
> administrator of the server? We have several technicians who need
> this access, but nothing else on the server.
>
> cheers
>
> Ste

I don't use (or like) Groupshield, but as far as I know it shouldn't require
any intervention to do updates - it should be set to update automatically
every X hours/days.