How to retrieve IP Security Policy?

We are looking to retrieve IP Security Policy configuration on local
machine for win 2000/2003/XP/NT using Platform SDK/Windows APIs.

If anybody has done this before, please do let us know.

Also, if there is no way to programatically retrieve this info, are
there any alternatives to retrieve this information e.g. by reading
the registry settings and interpreting it, if so, how?

Thanks,
Soumen

The IPsec APIs are unpublished. There are some command-line tools you can
use to extract policies.

Windows 2000 - IPSECPOL (Resource Kit)
Windows XP - IPSECCMD (support tools on the CD)
Windows 2003 - NETSH

Steve Riley
steriley@microsoft.com

"Soumen Das" <soumen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We are looking to retrieve IP Security Policy configuration on local
> machine for win 2000/2003/XP/NT using Platform SDK/Windows APIs.
>
> If anybody has done this before, please do let us know.
>
> Also, if there is no way to programatically retrieve this info, are
> there any alternatives to retrieve this information e.g. by reading
> the registry settings and interpreting it, if so, how?
>
> Thanks,
> Soumen

One asterisk: ipsecpol does not play well with all
W2k IPsec policies that have been defined in the GUI.

--
Roger Abell