thornado

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
Hi,
I have a Gf 7600gt coupled with a Samsung 940bx using the 93.71 forceware drivers. Apart from gaming, which has no probs at all, I use my pc for dvds and some other videos. I can notice that if for example, a sentence in white is shown and leaves the screen, a shadow of it remains (for a long time not like ghosting). I have noticed this in many cases, and even while watching a movie, in fast action squares appear on the picture.

I have set 'edge enchancment' and 'noise reduction' to 100% but still no difference, although when I press on 'adjust video color settings' an error appears saying 'nvvitvs' and when I press ok the menu enters normally.

what can I do pls?

tnx

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I don't know if this may help, but there's something with Nvidia and overlay video, especially troublesome on MX cards that I remember. I got over it by not using overlay on playback, but that might be seen as kinda tricky, because even if disabled on some, maybe most of the options, still gives trouble. What I did was opening a file in troubled overlay, for example on media player clasic so that it won't take up much system resources, and then, while it is paused somewhere on the screen/background or even minimised, I could see the video I intended to see by software rendeer.