[PW!] Blue On Blue In The Blue

"I'm telling you, your senses are on the fritz!" Jason tossed another
pokeball at the shiny unown, only for it to spin 180 degrees and blast
the ball to pieces, like it had the last five.

"And I'm telling you," Sai replied, "the shiny unown isn't here!
Whatever that is, it has to be a fake!"

"Look, even if it isn't THE shiny unown, it's A shiny unown. One shiny
unown's as good as another, right?"

"Actually, it's the W shiny unown." Sai shook her ghostly head. "Grr,
there aren't supposed to BE extra shiny unown. Twenty six, one for each
letter."

"Hey, unown come from somewhere, don't they?" Jason reasoned. "So,
maybe some time over the centuries, more shiny unown were born."

"Perhaps...no! There can only be twenty six! People can't come along
and mess up thousand year old mystical situations. It's just not done!"

"Whatever." Jason watched a seventh pokeball join its predecessors.
"At this point, I'd just like to know what's up with this pokemon. It
just dodged all my pokemons' attacks until they were exhausted, without
even trying to counterattack. It's like it doesn't want to fight, and
whoever heard of a pokemon like that?"

"Well...legends do say that, occasionally, there comes a pokemon too
cowardly to engage in honorable combat. But those are just legends, I'm
sure."

Suddenly, the unown dashed through a nearby wall of trees. Jason and
Sai gave chase, but before they could catch up, a helicopter rose from
behind the wall and started drifting towards them.

Jason noticed Sai gritting her ghostly teeth and straining. "You okay?"

"It is difficult not to let this much wind blow me away, but I have
faced worse." She looked at Jason with slitted eyes. "You actually
care about me?"

"Not really. Just making sure whatever you're suffering won't hurt me."

"Right. For a moment I forgot who I was dealing with."

The helicopter moved closer, soon stopping directly above and lowering a
ladder. There was some kind of blue symbol on its side, but neither of
those on the ground could read it from their current angle.

Jason and Sai braced for incoming hostiles.

A treecko idly watched beautifly and dustox sail by.

A seedot found herself airborne and upside down, sailing far across the
forest.

A zigzagoon wondered as some grass adopted the same blown-back look as
his fur.

"HUNTING UNOWN. WANT HELP?" boomed a voice from the machine above.

Jason and Sai looked at each other. Jason shrugged. "Eh, worth a
shot." He began climbing the ladder.

"Jason, wait!" Sai struggled to keep up with him. "There's an unown in
that city over there! I can feel it!" Her protests were in vain, as
the climb was short. Within a minute, its passengers aboard, the
vehicle soared off towards the fleet of similar helicopters it had
imitated one of, intending to meld in and follow them to their base.

"Is it just me," Jason wondered as the ladder retracted - was it just
him, or was the winch quietly giggling? - and the door closed firmly,
"or is there no one here? This thing must be on autopilot."

"You fool!" Sai bellowed, slightly grateful that the wind did not reach
inside this metal flying contraption. "This is a trap!"

"Mist Five to unknown bogey with Team Aqua markings," crackled the
speaker. "Please identify yourself, over."

TBC?
6 answers Last reply
More about blue blue blue

    >"HUNTING UNOWN. WANT HELP?" boomed a voice from the machine above.
    >
    >Jason and Sai looked at each other. Jason shrugged. "Eh, worth a
    >shot." He began climbing the ladder.
    >
    >"Jason, wait!" Sai struggled to keep up with him. "There's an unown in
    >that city over there! I can feel it!" Her protests were in vain, as
    >the climb was short. Within a minute, its passengers aboard, the
    >vehicle soared off towards the fleet of similar helicopters it had
    >imitated one of, intending to meld in and follow them to their base.
    >
    >"Is it just me," Jason wondered as the ladder retracted - was it just
    >him, or was the winch quietly giggling? - and the door closed firmly,
    >"or is there no one here? This thing must be on autopilot."
    >
    >"You fool!" Sai bellowed, slightly grateful that the wind did not reach
    >inside this metal flying contraption. "This is a trap!"
    >
    >"Mist Five to unknown bogey with Team Aqua markings," crackled the
    >speaker. "Please identify yourself, over."

    Jason and Meilan both blanched upon hearing that.

    "Well?" Meilan asked.

    "Well what?" Jason replied.

    "This was your bright idea," Meilan noted.

    "Mist Five to unknown bogey, I repeat," the speaker crackled again.
    "Identify yourself now or you will be shot down, over."

    #Send out member of team,# a telepathic voice urged.

    Jason shrugged, and plucked one Poké Ball from his belt. The Sableye who
    exited it looked around curiously, uncertain of his surroundings. A flashing
    text message on a nearby screen quickly caught his attention, and the small
    ghostly Dark-type rushed to the radio and quickly picked it up.

    "Sabe eye, eye sabe sable eye," Sableye quickly explained. "Sable eye sabe
    eye sable sableye sable. Sabe eye sabe eye sable."

    After an uneasy silence, the speaker crackled again. "Roger that, Viking
    One, see you at home base. Over and out."

    With a clear sigh of relief, Meilan moved towards Sableye. "A most
    exceptional job, Sableye."

    "Sabe sable eye sabe," Sableye noted.

    "Not only you?" Meilan asked. "But that's impossible...unless this isn't a
    helicopter..."

    "What do you mean?" Jason asked. "What else could it be?"

    A screen near him flashed to life as text began to flash on the screen.
    "Could be Ditto."

    "As if a Ditto has that much power," Jason noted.

    Text flashed again. "Explain ghostly accomplice, then."

    Jason gave a brief glance over towards the ghostly Sai Meilan. Her normal
    form of a Duskull seemed to have shrunken a bit, and now rested within the
    chest of a ghostly human form, clearly feminine and in Chinese dress.

    Meilan herself quickly noticed the change, and seemed to stare at her
    ghostly fingers in surprise. A smile beginning to cross her face, she said in
    shock, "I didn't even think this possible..."

    "Good for you, you have fingers again," Jason noted. "It not like you can
    hold anything."

    THWACK!

    "Explain paper fan," a voice toned from the helicopter's speakers.

    Meilan smiled, then rubbed her own head, the residual pain due to the
    Destiny Bond coursing back through her. "Now, since we obviously cannot do
    anything else, would you be kind enough to set us down in the area of Lavaridge
    Town? We have some business to take care of."

    TBC

    William Rendfeld
    Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
    178,000 Excellent Author Points
    1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
    20 Y2Tech Points

    William Rendfeld wrote:
    > THWACK!
    >
    > "Explain paper fan," a voice toned from the helicopter's speakers.
    >
    > Meilan smiled, then rubbed her own head, the residual pain due to the
    > Destiny Bond coursing back through her. "Now, since we obviously cannot do
    > anything else, would you be kind enough to set us down in the area of Lavaridge
    > Town? We have some business to take care of."

    "No," the speakers sounded again, stabilizing on a high-pitched voice as
    if years out of practice at speaking. "Pursuing Team Aqua helicopters.
    Will let off when reach destination."

    "Set us down," Meilan patiently explained, "or we'll shoot you so full
    of holes you'll crash!"

    "Mimic just transform. Maybe ghost keep flying, but partner probably
    no."

    Jason sweatdropped. "Umm, you know, he's got a point. It'd be kind of
    painful for both of us."

    "Hmph!" Meilan crossed her arms. "Very well."

    "While flying," Mimic queried, "perhaps care share info shiny unown?"

    "AHA! So this WAS a trap to get us away from our prey!"

    "If want call that. Technically accurate."

    "You'll never get us to talk!"

    Mimic would have shrugged had he had shoulders at the moment. "Suit
    self. Mimic just curious, fellow shiny unown hunters ever feel shiny
    unown take over?"

    "What are you babbling about?"

    "Mimic used have many shiny unown. No longer - gave away. Had give
    away. Too many at once, Mimic no longer in control."

    Meilan frowned. "Don't listen to him, Jason. He's trying to plant lies
    to discourage you!"

    "Believe or not, your choice. Mimic just saying what-"

    "Much as I hate to admit it," Jason interrupted, "she has a point. All
    we know for sure is that you're after the same thing we're after, and
    you're not willing to work with us. Maybe we can't afford to shoot that
    much of you, but we can blow away your speakers. In fact, maybe we
    should, just to pay you back for this."

    "...alright, fine," Mimic eventually relented. "But do have one thing."

    "No!"

    "Pretty sure want hear it."

    "We do not. Sableye!" Jason pointed to the speakers.

    "Sable!" A few Shadow Balls...

    "Lavaridge-"

    ....and one word later, the speakers were wrecked.

    "Wait!" Meilan flew towards the speakers, but too late. She did,
    however, see some text on a screen.

    "Lavaridge approaching. Mimic no think Aqua base be near volcano, but
    no matter. Will set down outside. Human, ghost on own from there, but
    Mimic suspect fastest path Lavaridge through base."

    "I see." Meilan smiled. "And you would just happen to use our
    distraction to infiltrate the base? My, but it's a pity we could not
    work together. Are you sure you don't want to join us?"

    "Hey!" Jason objected. "It's bad enough I have to hang around with you.
    I don't need any more 'allies'."

    "And Mimic hear enough suspect no would work out. Ghost right, is pity.
    Perhaps could work together something else afterwards, if none us wind
    up gaining unown power," the screen concurred.

    "Perhaps," Meilan mused. "But at least let us introduce ourselves. My
    name is Sai Meilan, and my ill-tempered companion is Jason Cassidy."

    "Mimic is Mimic," the screen replied. "Hello, must be going."

    One red flash later, Meilan, Jason, and Jason's sableye found themselves
    on a helipad on the surface of a volcano. With a rumble, the helipad
    began to descend. Jason eyed the edge, quickly judging if he could jump
    to the surface and go down the outside of the volcano just to spite this
    Mimic...

    ---

    Several floors below, several Team Aqua grunts marched at gunpoint ahead
    of their Team Magma captors as the helicopters' temporary paint jobs
    were removed. "Don't worry," one of the guards called out, "if your
    bosses are smart this won't take long. In case you're wondering, you're
    to be used in a prisoner exchange: all of you, for just one Regirock."

    TBC?

    >"Perhaps," Meilan mused. "But at least let us introduce ourselves. My
    >name is Sai Meilan, and my ill-tempered companion is Jason Cassidy."
    >
    >"Mimic is Mimic," the screen replied. "Hello, must be going."
    >
    >One red flash later, Meilan, Jason, and Jason's sableye found themselves
    >on a helipad on the surface of a volcano. With a rumble, the helipad
    >began to descend. Jason eyed the edge, quickly judging if he could jump
    >to the surface and go down the outside of the volcano just to spite this
    >Mimic...

    ...and decided against it. Spite was one thing, but physical pain was
    another.

    As the trio silently waited for the helipad to complete its decent, Meilan
    shifted back into her more stable Duskull form.

    "Something wrong with you?" Jason asked.

    "I am merely thinking about something," Meilan noted. "The last time that I
    participated in the quest for Shiny Unown, I was a latecomer, and did not have
    much time to gather many Shiny Unown, only one, in fact. Perhaps Mimic was
    correct about the Shiny Unown taking control of him."

    "That's ridiculous," Jason spat. "How do we know he wasn't lying?"

    "How do we know he wasn't telling the truth?" Meilan asked. "I do not like
    the possibility, but we have no evidence to support the alternative."

    "Sable," Sableye noted with a nod.

    Jason growled. "So what do we do with the things once we find them to keep
    them from controlling us, if they can?"

    "Somehow get back to the Ruins of Alph and deposit them there," Meilan
    replied. "It will be the only way to make certain, and we will confirm our
    captures with the Unown Collective."

    Jason smiled. "That actually sounds reasonable."

    At that point, the helipad reached its destination, artificial lighting more
    than making up for the lack of natural light. Noticing an emblem on the wall
    informed them that this was indeed a Magma base rather than an Aqua base.

    "Team Magma?" Meilan asked aloud. "This does not sound inviting."

    "It won't be a problem," Jason noted. "I can take them all."

    "Subterfuge is a wiser course of action, I think," Meilan noted. "Sableye,
    would you be kind enough to find us a map?"

    "Sabe," the Ghostly Dark-type acknowledged, skittering off towards a
    console. He quickly found a map of the base, pointed to one of the exits, and
    said, "Sabe eye ble sabe eye!"

    "Wonderful," Meilan noted. "Then let us make haste."

    TBC

    [NS: Sorry this took so long. Real Life's been hitting hard lately.]

    William Rendfeld wrote:
    > [NS: Sorry this took so long. Real Life's been hitting hard lately.]

    [NS: I hear that.]

    > "Subterfuge is a wiser course of action, I think," Meilan noted. "Sableye,
    > would you be kind enough to find us a map?"
    >
    > "Sabe," the Ghostly Dark-type acknowledged, skittering off towards a
    > console. He quickly found a map of the base, pointed to one of the exits, and
    > said, "Sabe eye ble sabe eye!"
    >
    > "Wonderful," Meilan noted. "Then let us make haste."

    No sooner had Jason set foot across the doorway than an alarm sounded.
    "Subterfuge, huh?"

    "I doubt they are on to us," Meilan replied, quickening her flight to
    encourage her companions to hurry up. "If they were, we would have been
    greeted by guards."

    "Come to think of it," Jason pondered as he broke into a run, "that does
    sound like a..."

    "Fire drill," came a voice from ahead, causing all three to quickly
    stop. "I thought us Magmas weren't supposed to be afraid of fire?"

    "Flame is a useful tool," another voice added. Two men in red lab coats
    walked into view around a corner ahead, heading towards the same exit
    Jason and company had intended to use. "But it can burn us just as well
    as anyone else. Remember, safety first. Making more land to live on is
    useless if you're not there to live on it."

    The intruding trio stayed very quiet, an easier task for the ghosts than
    for Jason. Just as the scientists were leaving, Sableye motioned to the
    corridor they had come from. Meilan nodded and headed that way, with
    Jason soon pursuing.

    "What do you think you're doing?" Jason quietly hissed. "We're trying
    to get out of here!"

    "If everyone is heading to the exits," Meilan equally quietly whispered,
    "then the exits are the last place we wish to be. Besides, the base is
    now temporarily abandoned. Your pokemon seems to have found some
    interesting loot on the map."

    "I'll believe that when I see-" His jaw slowly dropped.

    "Well, well. A large exit with no one around. Let us get going!"

    "This is a hangar bay," Jason corrected, "and THIS...I didn't know they
    had these outside Orre." He walked up to a gleaming plastic and metal
    contraption.

    "Whatever it is," Meilan sniffed, "it looks too big to move. Unless it
    can help us escape, we should leave it."

    Jason straddled the device, running his fingers over its controls.
    "They must have just gotten it. The odometer's at zero. They even left
    the key in!" Twisting said control, he grinned in anticipation as it
    slowly levitated a half meter off the ground and, apparently in
    automatic response, the hangar doors began to open.

    Giving up on immediate escape, Meilan queried, "What is it?"

    "It's a hoverbike. And it's mine! Sableye, return!" One pokeball
    stowage later, he called to Meilan, "Hope you can keep up," and floored
    the accelerator.

    Only after they were gone did another sableye emerge from the hangar bay
    door control panel, look down at the Magmas watching their presumably
    very expensive merchandise depart, and drift off towards where Mimic
    hoped the Aquas had been taken.

    TBC?

    >"Well, well. A large exit with no one around. Let us get going!"
    >
    >"This is a hangar bay," Jason corrected, "and THIS...I didn't know they
    >had these outside Orre." He walked up to a gleaming plastic and metal
    >contraption.
    >
    >"Whatever it is," Meilan sniffed, "it looks too big to move. Unless it
    >can help us escape, we should leave it."
    >
    >Jason straddled the device, running his fingers over its controls.
    >"They must have just gotten it. The odometer's at zero. They even left
    >the key in!" Twisting said control, he grinned in anticipation as it
    >slowly levitated a half meter off the ground and, apparently in
    >automatic response, the hangar doors began to open.
    >
    >Giving up on immediate escape, Meilan queried, "What is it?"
    >
    >"It's a hoverbike. And it's mine! Sableye, return!" One pokeball
    >stowage later, he called to Meilan, "Hope you can keep up," and floored
    >the accelerator.
    >
    >Only after they were gone did another sableye emerge from the hangar bay
    >door control panel, look down at the Magmas watching their presumably
    >very expensive merchandise depart, and drift off towards where Mimic
    >hoped the Aquas had been taken.

    Had Jason and Meilan been paying attention as they made their escape, they
    would have noticed another individual quickly dashing into the slowly closing
    hangar door. As he ducked and rolled underneath the slowly falling door, Leif
    said to himself, "I'm too old for this."

    Those words caught Mimic's attention, and the shapeshifter quickly drifted
    back to the new arrival as he quickly went into hiding. "Why you here?"

    Leif looked warily towards the Sableye and countered, "I could ask the same
    of you."

    "Asked first," the Sableye quickly replied, accenting his point with a
    raised claw.

    Leif smirked, then replied, "I'm here on a rescue mission. Several of my
    people are trapped in here, and I plan on getting them out safely."

    "You Aqua then," Mimic noted. "Not smart coming alone."

    "Less risk for others," Leif replied. "Besides, it's my fault that they're
    trapped here, and I fully intend to make sure they're freed."

    Mimic considered his words, then replied, "Probably better if have help.
    Want it?"

    "I can use it," Leif replied, extending a hand. "Leif Heinrik, Aqua Admin."

    "Mimic is Mimic," the Ditto responded in turn.

    -

    As Jason and Meilan zoomed away on the hoverbike, the latter, now safely
    within the bike's sidecar, said, "You must wonder just why that Ditto was
    interested in the Magma base."

    "I don't know, and I don't care," Jason replied. "I just want to get to
    Lavaridge before something else happens."

    TBC?

    [NS: Considering Leif's an NPC, I should probably duck out of the thread from
    here. Do whatever you want with him, Adrian, but please don't kill him. I don't
    want Sven and Peabody losing their boss quite yet.]

    William Rendfeld wrote:
    > Leif smirked, then replied, "I'm here on a rescue mission. Several of my
    > people are trapped in here, and I plan on getting them out safely."
    >
    > "You Aqua then," Mimic noted. "Not smart coming alone."
    >
    > "Less risk for others," Leif replied. "Besides, it's my fault that they're
    > trapped here, and I fully intend to make sure they're freed."
    >
    > Mimic considered his words, then replied, "Probably better if have help.
    > Want it?"
    >
    > "I can use it," Leif replied, extending a hand. "Leif Heinrik, Aqua Admin."
    >
    > "Mimic is Mimic," the Ditto responded in turn.

    "Did you see where they keep the prisoners?"

    The sableye-ditto shrugged. "Sorry. Was just about look. Magmas
    realize were tricked, will return soon. Should probably get into
    ventilation ducts before then."

    Leif looked at him as if he were crazy. "Are you CRAZY? That's where
    they put the security systems! So do we. You'd be surprised how many
    amateurs try things out of the movies without thinking we watch the same
    movies."

    Mimic smiled sheepishly. "Apologies. Remembering Rocket training."

    "You mean Team Rocket? Like I said, amateurs," Leif sniffed. "You're
    not with them, I hope."

    "No any more, and NEVER by choice." Both eyes glowed a dazzling red,
    brilliant enough to force Leif to look away.

    "Right. Glad to hear it." The Aqua executive studied an emergency
    evacuation map posted on the wall, and pointed to a few spots. "Hmm.
    If I know my Magma bases, this is the detention area, and if we go
    this way we should be to stay away from the Magmas coming back in, if
    we hurry."

    Leif had not noticed the red glow change nature, but there was now an
    abra waddling up to him. "Just point way. Oh, and pick up?"

    He blinked, then cradled Mimic in his arms. "If you're asking for a
    cuddle, this isn't the time."

    "Mimic just getting little tired. Besides, is easier teleport other
    when very close other's center gravity."

    ---

    Thirteen seconds later, the rapid series of teleports ended when the duo
    materialized inside a large jail cell full of tense Aqua agents.

    The abra was breathing hard. "That took more out Mimic than Mimic
    expect. But at least Leif guess correct location."

    "Looks like," the man agreed. "Let's go back one so we can open the
    doors and get everyone out."

    "Magmas detect that." The pokemon breathed deeply. "Mimic think up for
    one last mass teleport. Maybe dangerous, but safer than raising alarm.
    Everyone grab on."

    Leif began to ask, but his professionalism held his tongue. Raising
    his hand, he addressed the grunts. "Alright, you heard him! Everyone
    grab on, quickly! We're getting out of here."

    Mimic's blaze of energy once they had joined hands was not nearly the
    smooth, quick flash of before. His aura flared out, losing its rounded
    surface near the edges, disentigrating instead into fractal tendrils of
    lightning. He concentrated, slowly bending these tendrils to encompass
    each of the people he was trying to evacuate, until he could no longer
    hold the teleport off. As it was, bits of pant legs and bandana ends
    fell to the floor, severed from their owners; one of the female grunts
    lost half her right pinky's nail, while another lost just enough skin
    from her knuckles that she immediately clasped her hands together to
    stop the bleeding. "Sorry! Mimicsorryreallyreallynowanthurt-"

    Leif clapped one hand over Mimic's mouth. "Save it. She'll be okay
    *if* we get out of here." Once the fake abra stopped struggling, Leif
    slowly removed his hand. "Got any more tricks?"

    "No. Need rest. Hard just keep form right now."

    "That's okay." Hefting Mimic onto his shoulder, Leif reassured, "You
    just go to sleep now. Even without what that Pokemon Resistance stole
    from us, we've still got more than enough pokemon to fight our way out."

    "Mimic...sorry..." And then unconsciousness overtook him.

    ---

    He awoke to the sight of the injured grunt, now with bandaged knuckles,
    tending to some medical monitors in what he could only assume was an
    Aqua base.

    She looked up, alerted by her equipment. "Oh! You're awake. Mimic,
    was it?"

    "That name. Umm...Mimic really sorry about-"

    "Don't apologize." She grinned, hugging him tight. "Oh, man, that was
    the COOLEST fight I've ever been in! I wish you'd stayed awake just so
    you could've SEEN it! I mean, when Leif got the drop on that Magma
    guard...oh, and then when my Sharpedo...no, the best part was when we
    dropped that Wailord on 'em! I don't think I've EVER seen anyone so
    surprised! One of the others is trying to hack into their network just
    so we can watch the security camera videos!" She laughed freely, her
    joy intensifying her embrace. "And Leif says we've got you to thank for
    making it possible!" The girl pecked Mimic on the cheek. "Not to
    mention busting us out of there."

    "Umm...welcome?"

    She continued to hug Mimic for a bit, then set him down. "So, the boss
    wanted to ask if you were there 'cause you wanted to be an Aqua agent,
    or what? I mean, if you want in, you've got it!"

    "No...that is, Mimic flattered, but Mimic mainly see bunch people
    kidnapped and want set things right. Though, Mimic curious...hear
    something about Pokemon Resistance? You tangled with them?"

    "Oh, them?" The grunt rolled her eyes. "Wannabes. Word is, Doppler's
    trying to set up in Hoenn something like what failed in Kanto."

    "Doppler?" Mimic's eyes narrowed. "Doppler gave up that life."

    She shrugged. "I just know what I've heard. Maybe it's some ditto
    calling himself Doppler. I mean, I heard even in Kanto that there were
    at least two or three different 'Doppler's, one after another. Why, you
    know him?"

    "Could say that. Mimic get warning about fake helicopters. Thought
    sounded familiar. Also say something about...Regirock?"

    Where the cheerful girl was, was now a stone cold professional with a
    gun pointed at him. "If it's any condolence," she uttered in a
    perfectly neutral voice, "I wish we could have kept up the charade. We
    know who you are. The bullets in this gun contain a perfect replica of
    the toxin that killed your brother the first time. Your friend, Bob,
    received programming from the Magmas, which we are attempting to remove
    as I speak. We need to be sure you received no such programming - and
    even if not, you remain a bargaining chip in case his programming takes
    over: one last hope to bring him out of it."

    Mimic blinked. "Charade?"

    Her shoulders slumped. "Is that all you heard?"

    "Umm...Mimic wonder if could get another hug?"

    She smirked, ever so slightly. "Nice try. But you could just inject me
    with stun spores. That's not a risk we can take."

    TBC?

Nintendo Video Games