mfcid32.exe virus?

I am experiencing an apparent virus attack. A program called `mfcid32.exe`
is running on my Windows 2K with 100% cpu occupancy. Once it is killed,
a copy of itself will be spawned automatically. The only temporary remedy
is to suspend it.

Any help on removing it will be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you run a antivirus program ASAP. The program may not be able to
remove it but if it can at least detect it you can search your anti virus
vendors website or others via a Google search for manual removal
instructions or for a tool designed to remove that virus. Also try the free
Sysclean from Trend Micro at the link below. You do not have to install it.
Just download Sysclean and the patterns file and unzip in a common folder to
run Sysclean from. Of course take steps to prevent reinfection which would
include a properly configured firewall, using an antivirus program that is
current and that scans all emails, complex passwords for administrators,
using safe browsing practices, and keeping current with critical updates at
Windows Updates. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx --- Protect
my PC.
http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp -- Sysclean.