Sign in with
Your question

Card for my new pc, please advise

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 17, 2007 11:18:57 AM

Hi everyone

This is the current situation with graphics on my motherboard nForce 430.

he GeForce 6150 and 6100 are both equipped with a PCI Express x16 bus which can be used to connect an external graphics card to be used instead of the integrated graphics or as an additional graphics accelerator, working together with the integrated one. By default, these chipsets do not disable the integrated graphics core when an external graphics card is installed and thus can support four-monitor configurations. By the way, ATI’s Radeon Xpress 200, another popular integrated chipset for the Athlon 64 platform, only allows the integrated core and the external graphics card to work simultaneously if the graphics card’s GPUs belongs to the Radeon series. The GeForce 6100 series chipsets are free from such a limitation and support any graphics card.

could you please reccomend a graphics card that will enable gameplay to a decent degree. I have a max budget of 150 euro. Im not very technical as i have always owned laptops and upgrading has been limited to mem only.

Your help and advice much anticipated and appreciated :D 

Peter

More about : card advise

February 17, 2007 11:51:36 AM

Try something along the lines of a 7600GT or x1650XT.
February 17, 2007 12:18:05 PM

Quote:
Try something along the lines of a 7600GT or x1650XT.

Yea, good for that price.
Related resources
February 17, 2007 2:18:23 PM

Hi everyone and thanks for the suggestions

I checked out the localretailer here in helsinki and both the cards you mention retail at around 200 Euro, just a little too rich for me.

an external graphics card to be used instead of the integrated graphics or as an additional graphics accelerator This has me wondering about the options :roll: Will it in some way be possible to disable the integrated graphics chip? The benifit of this i suppose would be stopping the integrated chip from using HM to steal from my preciouse 1Gb of mem.

Or have the integrated running alongside the new card?

Or just sticking with the integrated by itself and adding an extra 1Gb of mem to the system?

What do you think guys?

Peter
February 19, 2007 4:55:35 AM

Someone please help
February 20, 2007 7:07:00 AM

Huh 8O what did he say :?:
February 20, 2007 12:31:57 PM

Yes, you can disable the integrated chip. In many cases it'll disable automatically when you put in a discrete graphics card.

If the 7600 GT/X1650 XT are too expensive, look for the X1650 PRO. Should be cheaper.
!