Remote Event Log

I know that i should use the regkey
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\CustomSD

to set up the security for the eventlog.

But can anyone help me with the value.

I need to grant write access to the application log for
remote users (or a group of users).

You didn't say which OS, however, KB 323076 tells you how to do it for
Windows Server 2003.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323076

--
Bob McCoy
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

"Peter Ericsson" <peter.l.ericsson@ericsson.com> wrote in message
>I know that i should use the regkey
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
> \System\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\CustomSD
>
> to set up the security for the eventlog.
>
> But can anyone help me with the value.
>
> I need to grant write access to the application log for
> remote users (or a group of users).

Im running Windows 2003 servers but I have looked at KB
3230076 and I still can't get it to work.
I've changed the CustomSD for the application log to
O:BUG:DAD:(A;;GA;;;WD) for one of my servers and then I'm
trying to access the application event log from another
server.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

/Peter
us;323076