Remote Event Log

I know that i should use the regkey
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\CustomSD

to set up the security for the eventlog.

But can anyone help me with the value.

I need to grant write access to the application log for
remote users (or a group of users).
2 answers Last reply
More about remote event

    You didn't say which OS, however, KB 323076 tells you how to do it for
    Windows Server 2003.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323076

    --
    Bob McCoy
    * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

    "Peter Ericsson" <peter.l.ericsson@ericsson.com> wrote in message
    >I know that i should use the regkey
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    > \System\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\CustomSD
    >
    > to set up the security for the eventlog.
    >
    > But can anyone help me with the value.
    >
    > I need to grant write access to the application log for
    > remote users (or a group of users).

    Im running Windows 2003 servers but I have looked at KB
    3230076 and I still can't get it to work.
    I've changed the CustomSD for the application log to
    O:BUG:DAD:(A;;GA;;;WD) for one of my servers and then I'm
    trying to access the application event log from another
    server.

    Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

    /Peter
    us;323076

    >--
    >Bob McCoy
    >* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
    and confers no
    >rights.
    >* Please note I cannot respond to email questions.
    Please use these
    >newsgroups.
    >

    >"Peter Ericsson" <peter.l.ericsson@ericsson.com> wrote
    in message
    >>I know that i should use the regkey
    >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    >> \System\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\CustomSD
    >>
    >> to set up the security for the eventlog.
    >>
    >> But can anyone help me with the value.
    >>
    >> I need to grant write access to the application log for
    >> remote users (or a group of users).
    >

    >.

Security Microsoft Windows