??'s about Certificates & AD

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.security.crypto,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

Hello,

Our certificate authority is going to expire in a few weeks and we are
trying to extend it in our pilot environment. We use it to access our
Active Directory through SSL/ port 636. We have already renewed the CA and
everything looks good on paper but the client machines keep getting an error
message saying that it's expired.

How can one tell which certificate is being used and how can one tell which
certificate has been published to AD?

Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.security.crypto,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

Have the domain controllers automatically renewed their certificates?

--
David B. Cross [MS]

Top Whitepapers:

Auto-enrollment whitepaper:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/autoenro.mspx
Best Practices for implementing Windows Server 2003 PKI:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/ws3pkibp.mspx
Troubleshooting Certificate Status and Revocation whitepaper:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/crypto/tshtcrl.mspx
Windows Server 2003 web enrollment and troubleshooting guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/webenroll.mspx