  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
December 23, 2004 12:34:28 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.security.crypto,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

Hello,

Our certificate authority is going to expire in a few weeks and we are
trying to extend it in our pilot environment. We use it to access our
Active Directory through SSL/ port 636. We have already renewed the CA and
everything looks good on paper but the client machines keep getting an error
message saying that it's expired.

How can one tell which certificate is being used and how can one tell which
certificate has been published to AD?

Thanks

More about : certificates

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
December 23, 2004 8:25:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.security.crypto,microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

Have the domain controllers automatically renewed their certificates?

--
David B. Cross [MS]

Top Whitepapers:

Auto-enrollment whitepaper:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...
Best Practices for implementing Windows Server 2003 PKI:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...
Troubleshooting Certificate Status and Revocation whitepaper:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/crypto...
Windows Server 2003 web enrollment and troubleshooting guide:

!