Event ID 41

Hello

Windows Advanced Server 2000

After having applied December patches, the ID 41
from "WinMgmt" source are filling up my Event Viewer.
The description says something like this: "WMI ADAP is
unable to create index object 502 for tcpip performance
library because no value could be found in the subkey
009".

There are about 30 errors and each of them with a
different object and service such as WINS, DHCP...

Can anyone help please ?

Many thanks

Best
3 answers Last reply
More about event

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=WinMgmt&EvtID=41&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.0

    John

    best@news.postalias wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > Windows Advanced Server 2000
    >
    > After having applied December patches, the ID 41
    > from "WinMgmt" source are filling up my Event Viewer.
    > The description says something like this: "WMI ADAP is
    > unable to create index object 502 for tcpip performance
    > library because no value could be found in the subkey
    > 009".
    >
    > There are about 30 errors and each of them with a
    > different object and service such as WINS, DHCP...
    >
    > Can anyone help please ?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Best

    Thanks John

    Although the link you supplied me with describes my
    problem and provides a resolution, but it did not work.
    I am still getting a considerable number of the same
    IDs. I also changed the Timeout to no avail.

    Regards

    Best

    Hello,

    Try this KB:

    How to Troubleshoot WinMgmt-Based Performance Counter Errors
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;266416

    Also the following link may be helpful:

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=41&eventno=633&source=WinMgmt&pha
    se=1

    This response contains a reference to a third-party World Wide Web site.
    Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft
    does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information
    found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations
    regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or
    information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any
    software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure
    that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from
    the Internet.

    HTH!

    Best regards,

    Rebecca Chen