+12V voltage too high?

G

My +12V voltage is reading (via Asus PC Probe) 12.63 and has been doing so consistently for months now. It's just a hair over 5% out of spec and I haven't had any stability issues at all, but should I consider replacing the PSU anyways? Or is it possible that the reading's innacurate?

It's an Antec Smartpower 2.0 450w that came with my case (Sonata II). The rest of my computer is below.

Thanks!

G

Thanks for the advice. I don't currently own a multimeter, but I hadn't realized how cheap they can be bought for so I plan on picking one up. In the meantime, I think I will replace the PSU anyways, because that's not the first time I've heard bad things about Smartpower.

Cheers

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I agree that the voltage showing up is probably different to the voltage you are getting on the output, but it still is within limits and you should not worry about anything. My friend has moded an old PSU and kept running his old system at 13.5V, 6V and 3.8V 24 hours with no probs. Of course that is overkill and pretty stupid to do so, but its an old rig and he doesn't care. It just proves that components today got some great tolerances and stability, so don't be scared with an 0.63V over the top.