"Open writable CD Folder"

If I put in a new CD-R, a window pops up giving me a choice about making a
Roxio CD and something else, but the option to "Open writable CD Folder" is
not there. What do I need to do to make it appear there?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about open writable folder

    What did you learn on the Roxio website about this?

    "Bagger Vance" <caddyx@webduster.com> wrote in message
    > If I put in a new CD-R, a window pops up giving me a choice about making a
    > Roxio CD and something else, but the option to "Open writable CD Folder"
    > is
    > not there. What do I need to do to make it appear there?
    >
    > Thanks

    The Open writable CD Folder is the option for the XP native CD burner. If
    you have Roxio, that is a better CD burning program.

    In short uninstall Roxio.

    Then...
    Open My Computer, double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
    Right click your CD drive
    Properties
    Recording tab
    Check: Enable CD Recording on this drive check box
    Apply
    OK
    Close My Computer

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:TZjWd.1956$CW2.959@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net,
    Bagger Vance <caddyx@webduster.com> hunted and pecked:
    > If I put in a new CD-R, a window pops up giving me a choice about
    > making a Roxio CD and something else, but the option to "Open
    > writable CD Folder" is not there. What do I need to do to make it
    > appear there?
    >
    > Thanks

    .... If
    > you have Roxio, that is a better CD burning program.
    >
    > In short uninstall Roxio.

    HUH? Roxio is better, so UNinstall it? And not reinstall it? Typo?

    OP wanted Open writable CD Folder. To get that they need to use XP CD
    Wizard.

    Some reason you haven't included the *full* text of the message you were
    replying to?

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eWo82P0IFHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Pop <nobody@devnull.spamcop.net> hunted and pecked:
    > ... If
    >> you have Roxio, that is a better CD burning program.
    >>
    >> In short uninstall Roxio.
    >
    > HUH? Roxio is better, so UNinstall it? And not reinstall it? Typo?

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP