Newegg RMA goes horribly wrong...

ge8ff

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
Last week, I RMAed and shipped back an Asrock P55 Pro motherboard for a refund. Everything was in its original package. I put the PnP (?) cap back onto the socket very carefully making sure there were no broken pins and it went right on and I latched it shut.

After about of waiting in the "RMA Department," Newegg sends me an email saying that the motherboard socket is damaged and that the RMA has been cancelled for broken socket pins.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? I MADE SURE THERE WERE NO BROKEN PINS. I SHIPPED IT IN THE ORIGINAL NEWEGG BOX WITH THE ORIGINAL PAPER PACKAGING. HOW COULD IT POSSIBLY GET DAMAGED?

Now I'm out $100 and might not be able to get this new build. I am extremely frustrated right now and the LiveChat on Newegg isn't working. On top of all that, they're sending it back to me. I clearly have no use for a motherboard THAT I DIDN'T BREAK.

*** this. I have store credit at Newegg that I really don't want to use now. I might stick with just picking up the parts in person even though it make cost $10 more.

/RAGE END

ge8ff

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011

I didn't break the balls/pins. I always thought they were pins.

The issue is resolved for temporarily. Hopefully nothing bad comes up.