ActiveX controls and Non-Admin Users

Dear All,

Is it possible for Non-Admin users of Win 2000 Professional
or WinNT Server etc to download ActiveX controls
from a website ?

I read an article at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;280579#kb2 that tells
how to do it using Active Directory etc.,

But I am not too sure whether all these Active Directory stuff can be
implemented by all....

Will appreciate if some one can throw some light on this....

Thanks in advance
Suresh Chandra
1 answer Last reply
More about activex controls admin users

    No, only power users and administrators can install activeX controls.

    --
    David B. Cross [MS]

    Top Whitepapers:

    Auto-enrollment whitepaper:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/autoenro.mspx
    Best Practices for implementing Windows Server 2003 PKI:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/ws3pkibp.mspx
    Troubleshooting Certificate Status and Revocation whitepaper:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/crypto/tshtcrl.mspx
    Windows Server 2003 web enrollment and troubleshooting guide:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/webenroll.mspx

    "Suresh Chandra" <Suresh Chandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    >
    > Is it possible for Non-Admin users of Win 2000 Professional
    > or WinNT Server etc to download ActiveX controls
    > from a website ?
    >
    > I read an article at
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;280579#kb2 that
    > tells
    > how to do it using Active Directory etc.,
    >
    > But I am not too sure whether all these Active Directory stuff can be
    > implemented by all....
    >
    > Will appreciate if some one can throw some light on this....
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Suresh Chandra

Activex Active Directory Windows