ActiveX controls and Non-Admin Users

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 8, 2005 10:53:01 AM

Dear All,

Is it possible for Non-Admin users of Win 2000 Professional
or WinNT Server etc to download ActiveX controls
from a website ?

I read an article at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;280579#kb2 that tells
how to do it using Active Directory etc.,

But I am not too sure whether all these Active Directory stuff can be
implemented by all....

Will appreciate if some one can throw some light on this....

Thanks in advance
Suresh Chandra
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 8:18:46 AM

No, only power users and administrators can install activeX controls.

--
David B. Cross [MS]

Top Whitepapers:

Auto-enrollment whitepaper:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...
Best Practices for implementing Windows Server 2003 PKI:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...
Troubleshooting Certificate Status and Revocation whitepaper:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/crypto...
Windows Server 2003 web enrollment and troubleshooting guide:

!