[PW!][WG] Jillian 'Judd' Kirst

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 11, 2004 12:22:19 AM

Character Name: Jillian ‘Judd’ Kirst

Author: Pariah164 (pariah164@hotmail.com)

Appearance:

Judd is a 17 year old female. Her build is average, with enough
curves to turn heads, but also enough muscle to make people think
twice about approaching her. she’s about 5’9”, and
weighs around 114 pounds. She has thick, rusty red hair that never
seems to do what she wants; the only control she has over it is to put
it into a ponytail. She has dark gray eyes that look silver in bright
light. Wears faded blue jeans, a ripped white T-shirt and black combat
boots. When she feels like it, she wears her black leather jacket. She
completes the ensemble with an all-knowing smirk.

Judd carries a variety of items, using pockets and belts to their
full advantage. She wears the standard PokéGear on her wrist, an MP3
player on her belt (which has Goddess-knows-how-many songs) , and a
blue, circular object that looks like a makeup compact. This device is
a specially-made “Kirst Edition” PokéDex. It allows her to
transport Pokémon without being at a Pokémon center, get battle stats
on her opponents (attacks, level, etc.), and, of course, record data
on any Pokémon she encounters. On her belt, she has the MP3 player,
PokéDex, Pokéballs, badge bag (tied securely), and a rope. Judd has no
explanation for the rope. When asked, she merely replies,
“It’s just there.”

Background:

Judd was born and raised in Vermillion City, so she had a natural
affinity for electric pokemon. Her very first Pokemon, however, was a
Vulpix. She trained it rather well, but the lack of any real parental
figure (mother died, father was a drunk) led her to use her training
for less-than-honorable means. Team Rocket eventually discoved the
irrepressionable youth, and took her in when she was a mere 11 years
of age.

Judd liked the lifestyle for a while, and was actualy pretty good at
it. She was almost too good. However, she soon began taking cookies
from the cookie jar, or in this case, Pokemon from the Boss’
personal collection. Persian, Electabuzz, and Vaporeon were just a few
of the ones she swiped, then sold on the black market. She was never
caught, but one day, her Vulpix evolved into a Ninetails, and Giovanni
wished to claim it for himself. That was the last straw for Judd.

Judd double-crossed Team Rocket in Viridian City, fleeing to Johto.
Hoping to start a new life, Judd began to train the Mareep she stole
from the Team. She began to collect badges after it had evolved into
Flaafy, then nicknamed it Morgaine after it finally evolved into an
Ampharos. She trained very leisurely, going to gyms and battling when
she was bored. This laid-back attitude ticked off Claire, the
Blackthorn City Gym Leader, and rejected Judd when she tried to apply
for a trainer position at the Gym.

Filled with a new determination, Judd began to capture and train more
Pokémon, making a strong, well-balanced team that has become a force
to be reckoned with. Judd now trains around Johto, fighting trainers
that she meets, and hides from the few Rocket members left around the
world.

Personality:

Judd is intelligent, but doesn’t try to show it much. She is
very introverted, and keeps quiet most of the time. It’s the
times she opens her mouth that usually get her into trouble. She tends
to be sarcastic and cynical, but inside she cares deeply for the few
people close to her, as well as her Pokémon. People accuse Judd of
overworking her Pokémon, but she has a strong bond with each of her
Pokémon, and will fight hand-to-hand with people who abuse them/hurt
them/beat them outside of battle. Judd’s strong will and desire
to fight comes from years on the streets of Kanto, dealing and
double-crossing trainers (mainly, the bad ones). She tends to be
violent in thought and action; acting before she thinks is quite a
common trait.

Judd has a few bad habits, mainly biting her nails and twisting her
hair. When trainers tick her off, she usually bites off a nail and
spits it in their faces. When confronted, she is brash, blunt, and
harsh. She doesn’t like to sugar-coat what she thinks, making
most see her as rude and obnoixous. Judd doesn’t really care
about her image either; once back in Kanto, she walked around town for
days coated in blood and dirt from a brawl she had with a Rocket
member. A nurse finally made her get cleaned up and healed.

Totally despises tight spaces and pretty boys. Tight spaces since
she’s
claustrophobic, pretty boys because they’re, well, pretty boys.
She prefers to train alone, forming a better bond with her pokemon.

Pokémon:

~Judd’s Ninetails, named Kit, is a reflection of her mistress,
being brash and quick to thought and action, but also has enough power
to back it up. She is quite intelligent, and agile in battle. (Fire
Spin, Quick Attack, Body Slam, Hyper Beam)

~Judd’s Ampharos, Morgaine, is the polar opposite of her
mistress. She tends to have a polite, refined air about her, and
always walks with her head held high. She fights bravely in and out of
battle. Fiercly loyal to her mistress, she always give 110%.
(Thunder,Thunder Wave, Fire Punch, Flash)

Allies: Nobody as of this writing

Enemies: Team Rocket

Notes: Well, my first PW! Character... please, feedback is
appreciated.

~Pariah164

More about : jillian judd kirst

May 11, 2004 8:30:40 AM

"Karura Koremanu" <pariah164@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Notes: Well, my first PW! Character... please, feedback is
> appreciated.

This is a nicely-written Writer's Guide for a first time. Have you played
Ruby and/or Sapphire? Currently, most of the PW!'s characters are in Hoenn.
It would be good if you moved Judd over there after some exposition posts so
that she can interact with other characters. Also, where did you learn about
the Pokewars!?

-Rob
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 4:06:13 PM

"Rob" <robfrompw@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<QFYnc.1485$zO3.1117@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> "Karura Koremanu" <pariah164@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > Notes: Well, my first PW! Character... please, feedback is
> > appreciated.
>
> This is a nicely-written Writer's Guide for a first time. Have you played
> Ruby and/or Sapphire? Currently, most of the PW!'s characters are in Hoenn.
> It would be good if you moved Judd over there after some exposition posts so
> that she can interact with other characters. Also, where did you learn about
> the Pokewars!?
>
> -Rob

Sorry, I'm afraid I've never played Ruby/Sapphire. So, I'm not sure
how all that works. ^^; I'll prolly have to do some web research on
the games so I can fully interact. I found the Pokewars when I was
looking on a Google seach for RPGs. It looked interesting, so I
thought what the heck.
May 11, 2004 4:08:33 PM

"Newton P. Haights" <newhaights@aol.com> wrote in message news:<2gb6v4Fn0vcU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "Karura Koremanu" <pariah164@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Character Name: Jillian ‘Judd’ Kirst
>
> <snip>
>
> Nicely written, like Rob said. Just two problems.
>
> 1) You should probably fix your newsreader; those
> ampersand-pound-number-semicolon codes are going to be a bit distracting

Ugh, I'm sorry. I should have noticed that before I posted... >_<
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 8:55:46 PM

"Rob" <robfrompw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Notes: Well, my first PW! Character... please, feedback is
> > appreciated.
>
> This is a nicely-written Writer's Guide for a first time.

I second that motion.

> Also, where did you learn about
> the Pokewars!?

She posted a few times in September and December of 2001, once asking what
PW! was and once mentioning she needed to get her WG up. I'd expect you to
remember such details, Rob. It's not like it was two and a half years ago
or anything.

Steffan
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 3:07:57 PM

> Steffan, give me the name of a stereotypical food you eat so I can live up
> to Pahsons' expectations.

National Welsh dish, of course.

Cheese on toast.

Steffan
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 2:34:17 AM

> Sorry, I'm afraid I've never played Ruby/Sapphire. So, I'm not sure
> how all that works. ^^; I'll prolly have to do some web research on
> the games so I can fully interact.

A few suggestions for resources:

www.gamefaqs.com - Has several walkthroughs for Ruby/Sapphire. Skimming
through these will help familiarize you with the game's plot.

www.serebii.net - Has a Pokedex with pictures and movelists for all of the
new Pokemon.

pokewars.pipian.com - Has a page devoted to Gym Leaders, with bios of the
Hoenn Leaders, Elite Four, and other important characters from the game.

Nice job on your Writer's Guide, BTW. I still have one character in Johto,
so if you don't plan to move Judd to Hoenn immediately, maybe they can
interact.

--Beth
Anonymous
May 14, 2004 1:53:29 AM

Newton P. Haights wrote:

> "I am *a* French Canadian." No. I am not part of the culture, I am not a
> citizen of the land, I am no more a French Canadian than... well, than Jose
> is a Mexican. Which was my point.

Ostensibly, no more than I am an Italian, a German, a Scotsman, an
Irishman, or any other affiliations that may or may not be in my bloodline.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

May 14, 2004 9:55:37 AM

Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:
> Newton P. Haights wrote:
>> "I am *a* French Canadian." No. I am not part of the culture, I am not a
>> citizen of the land, I am no more a French Canadian than... well, than
>> Jose
>> is a Mexican. Which was my point.
>>
> Ostensibly, no more than I am an Italian, a German, a Scotsman, an
> Irishman, or any other affiliations that may or may not be in my bloodline.

It's great to be a 100% purebred.

Human, that is. 100% purebred human. (And yes, I'm quite aware my
characters might not find even that funny...)
Anonymous
May 23, 2004 11:44:38 PM

awsome job
!