Sign in with
Your question

My neighbours are intruding my wifi security enabled network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 29, 2006 10:38:04 AM

Hi Guys,

Is there anyone out there to help me how to secure my wifi network? I have a D-Link DSL-G604T wireless router. I have enabled WEP security, but I have noticed that there are intruders by seeing MAC ID list.

My bill is running high every month though i do not use it much.

Is there anyway to block them?

Please help!

Haraz
October 29, 2006 1:07:43 PM

Maybe they just found out your password. Try changing it to something really tough. Like using numbers, small and big letters...and make it at least 10 letters long. See what happens. bye
October 29, 2006 4:04:21 PM

Thanks, i use a ten digit password and they do not know. They might have cracked and is there anyway to intrude those users and tell them they are using my internet.

Thanks for the help

Haraz
Related resources
October 29, 2006 6:37:51 PM

Quote:
Is there anyway to block them?

Use WPA or WPA2 instead of WEP.

Mirko
October 29, 2006 10:58:25 PM

More options:

Turn off your radio/access point/modem.
Turn on MAC address filtering.
Change your WEP password frequently if WPA isn't available. May be time to upgrade access points if it isn't.
March 23, 2007 12:13:17 PM

You can also turn noff the broadcasting of your SSID and change it. That way they'll not know what your new one is and can't connect to it because it ain't shown!
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
November 30, 2010 2:09:54 AM

Please set password for wifi router. Method for setting password==> open internet explorer-> (type) 192.168.1.1 (press enter) you can loging to the router setup directly. then go to security options in the router setup. Thank you
December 3, 2010 11:36:38 AM

Those people! they are breaking the law and mean thats stealing! gosh you think people would have some respect.
!