My neighbours are intruding my wifi security enabled network

haraz

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2006
Hi Guys,

Is there anyone out there to help me how to secure my wifi network? I have a D-Link DSL-G604T wireless router. I have enabled WEP security, but I have noticed that there are intruders by seeing MAC ID list.

My bill is running high every month though i do not use it much.

Is there anyway to block them?

Please help!

Haraz

laser21

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2006
Maybe they just found out your password. Try changing it to something really tough. Like using numbers, small and big letters...and make it at least 10 letters long. See what happens. bye

haraz

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2006
Thanks, i use a ten digit password and they do not know. They might have cracked and is there anyway to intrude those users and tell them they are using my internet.

Thanks for the help

Haraz

jjw

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
More options:

Turn off your radio/access point/modem.
Turn on MAC address filtering.
Change your WEP password frequently if WPA isn't available. May be time to upgrade access points if it isn't.

pdhcentral

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
You can also turn noff the broadcasting of your SSID and change it. That way they'll not know what your new one is and can't connect to it because it ain't shown!

G

Please set password for wifi router. Method for setting password==> open internet explorer-> (type) 192.168.1.1 (press enter) you can loging to the router setup directly. then go to security options in the router setup. Thank you

AGPC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Those people! they are breaking the law and mean thats stealing! gosh you think people would have some respect.

TRENDING THREADS