Which accounts are in the Authenticated Users group ?

Are accounts like ASPNET, IWAM_<machine_name> and IUSR_<machine_name>
members of the Authenticated Users group ?

Sorry if these seems like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find a
definition of the membership of this group that makes this clear.

TIA

Steve
2 answers Last reply
More about which accounts authenticated users group

    AU is not a real group - it is a special security principal that stands for
    any and all sessions that have been authenticated using some account such as
    a local SAM account, domain account or an account from any trusted domain.

    --
    Regards,
    Randy Franklin Smith, CISA, SSCP, Security MVP
    "Steve W" <BunnyBoy123@community.nospam> wrote in message
    > Are accounts like ASPNET, IWAM_<machine_name> and IUSR_<machine_name>
    > members of the Authenticated Users group ?
    >
    > Sorry if these seems like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find a
    > definition of the membership of this group that makes this clear.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Steve

    Basically, Authenticated users contains any user account existent in your
    database!

    My 2 cents
    Julian Dragut
    "Steve W" <BunnyBoy123@community.nospam> wrote in message
    > Are accounts like ASPNET, IWAM_<machine_name> and IUSR_<machine_name>
    > members of the Authenticated Users group ?
    >
    > Sorry if these seems like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find a
    > definition of the membership of this group that makes this clear.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Steve

Security Microsoft Windows