Active Service Database

Hi

I'm working on a script, which get the information about active services
with xnet.exe.
My problem is, that normal users can't run this .exe and so i will try
to find the Active Service Database and modify it to my needs, if this
is posible.
Has anybody an idea how i can run this or maybe know an other tool ?
Where is the database located and is it possible to modify it ?

Thanks a lot for informational input
Peter
1 answer Last reply
More about active service database

    All of the service info is stored in the registry. Multiple tools can retrieve
    the info depending on what info you want. You can look at sc or svcutil or
    psservice for instance as possible replacements for viewing info. sc is part of
    the RK or support tools (not sure if I recall anymore), svcutil is available as
    a free download from my website (www.joeware.net), psservice is located at
    www.sysinternals.com

    joe

    www.joeware.net

    Peter Bauer wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm working on a script, which get the information about active services
    > with xnet.exe.
    > My problem is, that normal users can't run this .exe and so i will try
    > to find the Active Service Database and modify it to my needs, if this
    > is posible.
    > Has anybody an idea how i can run this or maybe know an other tool ?
    > Where is the database located and is it possible to modify it ?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for informational input
    > Peter

Security Microsoft Database Windows