Override lock workstation

Hi

My company's domain policy causes my workstation to lock when not in
use, which appears very sensible.

However, I have developed a MS access app which creates documents and
e-mails them. This process takes around 8 hours to complete. I am
using the ClickYes application from Expresssoft to override the Outlook
warning message. However, once my workstation has locked to the
ctrl-alt-delete stage this application cannot run properly.

Does anyone know of an application that will enable me to keep my
workstation "live" through this period, for example by creating
similated mouse movements or keystrokes (or similar)?

In case anyone is worried about security, I have had this cleared by my
IT colleagues, as I will leave the machine running from within a locked
room, so the potential for risk is minimised.
Any useful pointers gratefully received!

Matt
2 answers Last reply
More about override lock workstation

    Hi,

    If you have permissions on your computer to do this here is how you can
    disable locking of your computer.

    On your PC right click on desktop and select properties. Select Screen Saver
    tab and remove the check mark next to "On resume, password protect". If you
    need, also disable the screen saver.

    If you want to use a group policy to configure your system(s) use policy
    under User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Control Panel ->
    Display and set the policy named "Password protect the screen saver" to
    "Disable"

    I hope this helps you out.

    --
    Mike
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Security

    "Miha Pihler [MVP]" wrote:

    > tab and remove the check mark next to "On resume,
    > password protect". If you need, also disable the screen
    > saver.

    To add, if this option is disabled (grayed out), the company's GPO (AD
    domain policy) may have prevented this as well. Even though you may have a
    workaround, GPO will reapply itself routinely (typically 90 min for non-DCs),
    and can still unfortunately break your application.

    Better speak with your AD administrator to find a permanent solution e.g.
    separate GPO for you and/or your machine.

    Do let us know if this helps. Thanks!

Security Workstations Windows