September!

Last response: in Video Games
May 12, 2004 10:40:30 PM

I was looking through the latest Nintendo Power Magazine the other day, and
saw that Fire Red & Leaf Green are coming out in the US in September (I
think they said the 9th, but not sure). There was also a page on the new
wireless adapter and using it with Pokemon. I wonder if that's going to work
with Ruby & Sapphire too.

More about : september

Anonymous
May 13, 2004 12:00:41 AM

"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I was looking through the latest Nintendo Power Magazine the other day,
and
> saw that Fire Red & Leaf Green are coming out in the US in September (I
> think they said the 9th, but not sure). There was also a page on the new
> wireless adapter and using it with Pokemon. I wonder if that's going to
work
> with Ruby & Sapphire too.

September 9th cannot get here soon enough! I can't wait for this - wireless
pokemon matches at Starbucks!!
Anonymous
May 14, 2004 2:11:59 AM

Raph wrote:

> "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>I was looking through the latest Nintendo Power Magazine the other day,
>
> and
>
>>saw that Fire Red & Leaf Green are coming out in the US in September (I
>>think they said the 9th, but not sure). There was also a page on the new
>>wireless adapter and using it with Pokemon. I wonder if that's going to
>
> work
>
>>with Ruby & Sapphire too.
>

> September 9th cannot get here soon enough! I can't wait for this - wireless
> pokemon matches at Starbucks!!

I read that article, and it doesn't look like it works that way. It
appears that the Wireless Adapter, at least when used with Fire Red or
Leaf Green, is only effective within a limited range and can only
communicate with other Wireless Adapters.

However, I have heard that the DS has Wi-Fi capabilities, but I don't
know what they mean by that.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

May 14, 2004 9:47:41 AM

Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:
> Raph wrote:
>> wireless
>> pokemon matches at Starbucks!!
>>
> I read that article, and it doesn't look like it works that way. It
> appears that the Wireless Adapter, at least when used with Fire Red or
> Leaf Green, is only effective within a limited range and can only
> communicate with other Wireless Adapters.

For a moment, I thought Nintendo was going to do a promo where they
finally explain why Jessie's now-absent serpentine pokemon kept sounding
like it was pushing a coffeehouse chain instead of saying its official
name. (Pokemon matches at Starbucks indeed. Arbok themed, even.)
!