September!

I was looking through the latest Nintendo Power Magazine the other day, and
saw that Fire Red & Leaf Green are coming out in the US in September (I
think they said the 9th, but not sure). There was also a page on the new
wireless adapter and using it with Pokemon. I wonder if that's going to work
with Ruby & Sapphire too.
3 answers Last reply
More about september

    "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I was looking through the latest Nintendo Power Magazine the other day,
    and
    > saw that Fire Red & Leaf Green are coming out in the US in September (I
    > think they said the 9th, but not sure). There was also a page on the new
    > wireless adapter and using it with Pokemon. I wonder if that's going to
    work
    > with Ruby & Sapphire too.

    September 9th cannot get here soon enough! I can't wait for this - wireless
    pokemon matches at Starbucks!!

    Raph wrote:

    > "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>I was looking through the latest Nintendo Power Magazine the other day,
    >
    > and
    >
    >>saw that Fire Red & Leaf Green are coming out in the US in September (I
    >>think they said the 9th, but not sure). There was also a page on the new
    >>wireless adapter and using it with Pokemon. I wonder if that's going to
    >
    > work
    >
    >>with Ruby & Sapphire too.
    >

    > September 9th cannot get here soon enough! I can't wait for this - wireless
    > pokemon matches at Starbucks!!

    I read that article, and it doesn't look like it works that way. It
    appears that the Wireless Adapter, at least when used with Fire Red or
    Leaf Green, is only effective within a limited range and can only
    communicate with other Wireless Adapters.

    However, I have heard that the DS has Wi-Fi capabilities, but I don't
    know what they mean by that.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    My Adventure Quest character:

    Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:
    > Raph wrote:
    >> wireless
    >> pokemon matches at Starbucks!!
    >>
    > I read that article, and it doesn't look like it works that way. It
    > appears that the Wireless Adapter, at least when used with Fire Red or
    > Leaf Green, is only effective within a limited range and can only
    > communicate with other Wireless Adapters.

    For a moment, I thought Nintendo was going to do a promo where they
    finally explain why Jessie's now-absent serpentine pokemon kept sounding
    like it was pushing a coffeehouse chain instead of saying its official
    name. (Pokemon matches at Starbucks indeed. Arbok themed, even.)

Wireless Adapter Nintendo Video Games