disable autocomplete password minder in xp

March 5, 2005 1:20:55 PM

Autocomplete always asks to remember my passwords and I let it remember
my ebay. I've changed the password but autocomplete always enters the
old pword and then after I enter the new one autocomplete asks to
remember it. I'd like to never see another autocomplete message box
again but I'm not very computer savvy and I don't know how to disable
it. Can someone help me please? Thank you.
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 2:50:20 PM

To remove an AutoComplete entry from a Web form, highlight the item in the
AutoComplete dropdown and press the Delete key.

To remove all Web form AutoComplete entries, go to the Internet Explorer
Tools menu, select Internet Options, Content, AutoComplete, then press the
"Clear Forms" button.

From IE Help...

To delete Autocomplete entries from the Address bar list

[[The AutoComplete feature saves previous entries you've made for Web
addresses, forms, and passwords. To delete entries from the Address bar, you
must clear your History folder. You cannot clear individual entries from the
list of saved entries.

1. On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options.
2. Click the General tab.
3. Under History, click Clear History.

Notes
When typing information in Web forms, and typing passwords, you can remove
an item from the list of suggestions by clicking the item and then pressing
the DELETE key. ]]

Disabling or Enabling the AutoComplete or Inline AutoComplete Feature
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237553

How to Use the AutoComplete Feature in Internet Explorer 5 and 6
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;217148

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1110046855.640050.198560@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com,
doublesharp <dv220@myway.com> hunted and pecked:
> Autocomplete always asks to remember my passwords and I let it
> remember my ebay. I've changed the password but autocomplete always
> enters the old pword and then after I enter the new one autocomplete
> asks to remember it. I'd like to never see another autocomplete
> message box again but I'm not very computer savvy and I don't know
> how to disable it. Can someone help me please? Thank you.
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 4:53:28 PM

Open Internet explorer go to tools\internet options\content\click on auto
complete. click on both clear forms and clear passwords
then uncheck all the autocomplete (web address forms user names and
passwords and the prompt me to save click ok and ok again

"doublesharp" <dv220@myway.com> wrote in message
> Autocomplete always asks to remember my passwords and I let it remember
> my ebay. I've changed the password but autocomplete always enters the
> old pword and then after I enter the new one autocomplete asks to
> remember it. I'd like to never see another autocomplete message box
> again but I'm not very computer savvy and I don't know how to disable
> it. Can someone help me please? Thank you.

March 5, 2005 6:32:31 PM

Thanks Wes and Keith for your prompt replies. Worked like a charm. So
easy when you know how. This forum is a great resource and I
appreciate your help. Thanks again
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 10:38:18 PM

No problem you are welcome