Per Site Privacy Actions box

I always noted that I have many sites at "Per Site Privacy Actions" box,
many of which are blocked and some allowed.
Last time I opened such box, I noted that all them have disappeared.
I assume that they were placed there by some anti-spyware soft.
I have the possibility of import them but could not see any way of save
them. Should I have it, it was just a question of re-import
them and the problem is solved.
Please assist by informing me :
a. If there is a way to save said list of block/allow sites.
b. How I can restore them at previous situation ?
c. Is there any spyware soft which place all these unwanted sites there ?

Thanks in advance
5 answers Last reply
More about site privacy actions

    2) SpywareBlaster
    [[SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from
    ever being installed.
    The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And
    SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.]]

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23feJs7bIFHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Sdruws <sdruws@attglobal.net> hunted and pecked:
    > I always noted that I have many sites at "Per Site Privacy Actions"
    > box, many of which are blocked and some allowed.
    > Last time I opened such box, I noted that all them have disappeared.
    > I assume that they were placed there by some anti-spyware soft.
    > I have the possibility of import them but could not see any way of
    > save them. Should I have it, it was just a question of
    > re-import them and the problem is solved.
    > Please assist by informing me :
    > a. If there is a way to save said list of block/allow sites.
    > b. How I can restore them at previous situation ?
    > c. Is there any spyware soft which place all these unwanted sites
    > there ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    I run already Spyware blaster.
    But it remains in question :
    Does spyware set blocked files to Per Site Privacy Actions box automatically
    ?
    Is there any way to save the block/allow list for further restore ?
    Where is this list archived in IE 6.0 ?

    Does spyware{Blaser} set blocked files to Per Site Privacy Actions box
    automatically?

    Yes, if you make sure that you have Enable All Protection enabled...

    [[1.) Open SpywareBlaster
    2.) Click on the "Enable All Protection" link under Quick Tasks on the main
    screen.
    3.) Exit the program - you're done! ]]

    Make sure that there are [[0 items have protection disabled...]]

    SpywareBlaster Latest Definitions: 3/1/2005

    [[To access Check for Updates, simply click on the "Updates" tab on the left
    side of the SpywareBlaster interface, and then press the "Check for Updates"
    button.]]
    -----

    [[SpywareBlaster's Restricted Sites protection provides one main option:
    Restrict the actions of spyware/ad/tracking sites in Internet Explorer:
    Adds sites to the Restricted Sites zone, to restrict the actions of the
    sites in Internet Explorer.]]

    All of these items are listed in Per Site Privacy Actions.
    These items are set to: Always Block.
    -----

    Is there any way to save the block/allow list for further restore?

    Make sure that you have Enable All Protection enabled.
    -----
    Where is this list archived in IE 6.0?

    In the registry.

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

    This is the list of Restricted Sites from >>>

    IE | Tools | Internet Options | Security tab | Restricted Sites |
    Sites button | Web sites
    ---

    There are different levels of privacy on the Internet zone, and they are
    stored in the registry at the same location as the security zones.

    You can also add a site to allow or to block cookies based on the site,
    regardless of the privacy policy on the Web site. Those registry keys are
    stored in the following registry key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings\P3P\History

    IE | Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab | Edit button

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:umiTjPfIFHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Sdruws <sdruws@attglobal.net> hunted and pecked:
    > I run already Spyware blaster.
    > But it remains in question :
    > Does spyware set blocked files to Per Site Privacy Actions box
    > automatically ?
    > Is there any way to save the block/allow list for further restore ?
    > Where is this list archived in IE 6.0 ?

    First of all many thanks for your assistance and patience with me.

    Going over your last post :

    aaa. I folowwed your guidance and Open Spywareblaster. Clicekd in Enable All
    Protection and exit the program.
    bbb. I made sure 0 items have protection disabled and latest definitions
    3/1/2005.
    ccc. Restricted Sites were dully found in Restricted Site Zone, although I
    feel that there is much more sites in Spywarebalster than in IE ( IE | Tools
    | Internet Options | Security tab | Restricted Sites |
    Sites button | Web sites ) , in accordance with
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings
    \ZoneMap\Domains.
    It might be only an impression.
    ddd.I found in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings\P3P\History all blocked sites same than Spywareblaster. However,
    much to my surprise only the two first sites of
    IE | Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab | Edit button were located.
    Seems to me some strange factor is avoiding the computer to transfer it from
    Register to IE, in the Per Site Privacy Actions box.
    I am bit lost.
    Resuming : Restrict sites OK. Per Site Privacy Actions NO !!!!
    Does it make sense to you all above report ?
    pse comment. TVM again for help.

    This is the list of Restricted Sites from >>>

    ---

    There are different levels of privacy on the Internet zone, and they are
    stored in the registry at the same location as the security zones.

    You can also add a site to allow or to block cookies based on the site,
    regardless of the privacy policy on the Web site. Those registry keys are
    stored in the following registry key:

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:umiTjPfIFHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Sdruws <sdruws@attglobal.net> hunted and pecked:
    > I run already Spyware blaster.
    > But it remains in question :
    > Does spyware set blocked files to Per Site Privacy Actions box
    > automatically ?
    > Is there any way to save the block/allow list for further restore ?
    > Where is this list archived in IE 6.0 ?

    To clarify further :

    The problem is to transfer the contents of
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings\P3P\History in the Per Site Privacy Actions box

Microsoft Privacy Windows XP