Run As Other User default account

Is there any way to set the default account name that comes up in the "Run
As Other User" dialog box? I want it to default to another password
protected account name (e.g. "Payroll"), not to "Administrator". The
"Payroll" account has access to the data files but not administrative
privileges. Yes, I know the user can type it in, but I am trying to
eliminate that step.
--
Don in Upstate NY

I don't know of any way to do such. perhaps you could try a shortcut to a
batchfile using runas with the executable and username that you want to use.
CPAU from Joe Richards website may be another alternative to runas. ---
Steve

http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/cpau.htm

"Don Priebe" <priebe@iname.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to set the default account name that comes up in the "Run
> As Other User" dialog box? I want it to default to another password
> protected account name (e.g. "Payroll"), not to "Administrator". The
> "Payroll" account has access to the data files but not administrative
> privileges. Yes, I know the user can type it in, but I am trying to
> eliminate that step.
> --
> Don in Upstate NY

If there is a specific application that you RunAs with the
Payroll account then what you can do is
- make a shortcut to that application launcher
- right click on the new shortcut and select its properties
- click on the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field and then
surround what is there in " " double quotes
- now, at the beginning before the quoted command enter
runas /user:payroll " . . . "
You may want to add some other switches, like /profile
runas /profile /user:payroll " . . . "
--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
"Don Priebe" <priebe@iname.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to set the default account name that comes up in the "Run
> As Other User" dialog box? I want it to default to another password
> protected account name (e.g. "Payroll"), not to "Administrator". The
> "Payroll" account has access to the data files but not administrative
> privileges. Yes, I know the user can type it in, but I am trying to
> eliminate that step.
> --
> Don in Upstate NY

> You may want to add some other switches, like /profile
> runas /profile /user:payroll " . . . "

Thank you. The /profile option was the key to getting runas to operate
properly.

Don (of the Fortran era)

Yeah... and there isn't a way for you to specify the password in a batch,
even with a pipe.

You can, however use a utility called sanur to supply both the username and
password.

Google sanur.exe...

-
Ryan Hanisco