Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a good GPU, projector & LCDs

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 17, 2007 10:45:45 PM

Basically I need a good GPU for to watch DVDs on a projector.

I'm doing audio work so quiet quiet is really important.

Here are the specs:

1) I think I need dual link DVI and I think true HDCP (to ensure compatibility with Blue Ray or HD DVDs).
2) I need for this GPU to be FANLESS.
3) PCIe format
4) Output to two 24 in monitors and a projector (not at the same time). I may also in the future get dual 30 inchers.
5) 2560x1600 resolution
6) Nvdia
7) Windows XP

I have no idea if I need HDMI! Please clue me in.

FYI I may do some very limited CAD drawings.

Budget , no worries I just don't it to be overkill and loaded up with useless bells and whistles for my application.

While I am at it any suggestions on a nice projector (under $2000) would be appreciated as well. HD compatible super quality, future proof once again for the the HD/BR DVD.

Again while I'm at it some suggestions for good quality 24 inch LCDs would be super.

Thanks peoples for sharing
February 17, 2007 11:45:50 PM

XFX 7950GT

That looks like it is going to be your only bet. It is very fast, so you can play a lot of games, too...Most fanless cards are budget and they don't include HDCP. This is actually a great card.

It has two DVI ports which BOTH are HDCP and Dual-Link.

Since you are only watching movies, I really wish I could find a cheaper one, but this looks like it is going to be the only one.

~Ibrahim~
February 18, 2007 1:15:17 AM

Sweet that looks like a nice card! Thanks for your suggestion.

Anyone for suggestion on a nice LCD 24 inch and a projector
Related resources
February 18, 2007 5:43:59 AM

Dell's 24 incher is widely regarded as one of the best 24 inch LCD's. I think gateway makes a 24 inch panel that's identical to the dell as well.

As for projectors... that's tough. A lot of LCD's projectors have a low native resolution, so don't count on getting a 2560x1600 projector for a low price. To be honest, I'm not even sure that one exists. I'm too lazy to look.
February 18, 2007 4:22:36 PM

Quote:
Sweet that looks like a nice card! Thanks for your suggestion.

Anyone for suggestion on a nice LCD 24 inch and a projector

Sure!

Samsung has a really nice 24": SAMSUNG 244t-BK...Phenomenal reviews...

Yeah, only projector that displays 2560x1600 is like $30,000. No kidding.

The best you can get would be a 1920x1080P projector and that won't cost less than 5 large. Very nice, though.

~Ibrahim~
February 18, 2007 7:12:30 PM

Excellent thanks. I'll get that XFX card.

I'll do some research then on the Dell and Samsung LCDs. They both look good for what I need.

As for the projectors wow 5 grand. That is a bit too expensive for me. Can you recommend one that is less than 2 g's?

Thx
February 18, 2007 9:26:22 PM

Quote:
Excellent thanks. I'll get that XFX card.

I'll do some research then on the Dell and Samsung LCDs. They both look good for what I need.

As for the projectors wow 5 grand. That is a bit too expensive for me. Can you recommend one that is less than 2 g's?

Thx

Yeah, HD projectors are relatively new and still very pricey. I could not find a 1080P less than $5,000. Sorry!

There are, however, some 720P projectors that are attainable. Are they OK?

I don't know very much about projectors, so...

Here is a list of some nice HD projectors...

~Ibrahim~
February 18, 2007 11:15:49 PM

This is good info. Yeah 720P is kinda up my price range.

I'll look into the site you mentioned it looks like all I need to make an educated selection.

Thx once again!
February 19, 2007 11:13:39 PM

Quote:
This is good info. Yeah 720P is kinda up my price range.

I'll look into the site you mentioned it looks like all I need to make an educated selection.

Thx once again!

Sure!

~Ibrahim~
!