Looking for a good GPU, projector & LCDs

ohsugar

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
Basically I need a good GPU for to watch DVDs on a projector.

I'm doing audio work so quiet quiet is really important.

Here are the specs:

1) I think I need dual link DVI and I think true HDCP (to ensure compatibility with Blue Ray or HD DVDs).
2) I need for this GPU to be FANLESS.
3) PCIe format
4) Output to two 24 in monitors and a projector (not at the same time). I may also in the future get dual 30 inchers.
5) 2560x1600 resolution
6) Nvdia
7) Windows XP

I have no idea if I need HDMI! Please clue me in.

FYI I may do some very limited CAD drawings.

Budget , no worries I just don't it to be overkill and loaded up with useless bells and whistles for my application.

While I am at it any suggestions on a nice projector (under $2000) would be appreciated as well. HD compatible super quality, future proof once again for the the HD/BR DVD.

Again while I'm at it some suggestions for good quality 24 inch LCDs would be super.

Thanks peoples for sharing

ikjadoon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
XFX 7950GT

That looks like it is going to be your only bet. It is very fast, so you can play a lot of games, too...Most fanless cards are budget and they don't include HDCP. This is actually a great card.

It has two DVI ports which BOTH are HDCP and Dual-Link.

Since you are only watching movies, I really wish I could find a cheaper one, but this looks like it is going to be the only one.

~Ibrahim~

ohsugar

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
Sweet that looks like a nice card! Thanks for your suggestion.

Anyone for suggestion on a nice LCD 24 inch and a projector

mpjesse

Splendid
Dell's 24 incher is widely regarded as one of the best 24 inch LCD's. I think gateway makes a 24 inch panel that's identical to the dell as well.

As for projectors... that's tough. A lot of LCD's projectors have a low native resolution, so don't count on getting a 2560x1600 projector for a low price. To be honest, I'm not even sure that one exists. I'm too lazy to look.

ikjadoon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Sweet that looks like a nice card! Thanks for your suggestion.

Anyone for suggestion on a nice LCD 24 inch and a projector

Sure!

Samsung has a really nice 24": SAMSUNG 244t-BK...Phenomenal reviews...

Yeah, only projector that displays 2560x1600 is like $30,000. No kidding.

The best you can get would be a 1920x1080P projector and that won't cost less than 5 large. Very nice, though.

~Ibrahim~

ohsugar

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
Excellent thanks. I'll get that XFX card.

I'll do some research then on the Dell and Samsung LCDs. They both look good for what I need.

As for the projectors wow 5 grand. That is a bit too expensive for me. Can you recommend one that is less than 2 g's?

Thx

ikjadoon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Excellent thanks. I'll get that XFX card.

I'll do some research then on the Dell and Samsung LCDs. They both look good for what I need.

As for the projectors wow 5 grand. That is a bit too expensive for me. Can you recommend one that is less than 2 g's?

Thx

Yeah, HD projectors are relatively new and still very pricey. I could not find a 1080P less than $5,000. Sorry!

There are, however, some 720P projectors that are attainable. Are they OK?

I don't know very much about projectors, so...

Here is a list of some nice HD projectors...

~Ibrahim~

ohsugar

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
This is good info. Yeah 720P is kinda up my price range.

I'll look into the site you mentioned it looks like all I need to make an educated selection.

Thx once again!