Another Colosseum question...

Since you can only get 48 pokemon in Colosseum, why is there storage for 90?
I can't figure out anyway other than trading to add pokemon to the game and
since you are giving one up when you trade, you still always have 48. Am I
missing something? Is there a way to add pokemon to this game?

"Raph" <raph1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Since you can only get 48 pokemon in Colosseum, why is there storage for
90?

Is there a way to breed? Or transferring Pokémon from RS or FL to Coli
after beating the game?

Otherwise, it's probably just to give you a bit of variety. If you only
had, say, two boxes, the Pokémon would be one big mass. Now, though, you
can have, say, one box for Pokémon already available in RS (Skarmory,
Makuhita, Slugma etc), one box for new 'mon that are female and can
therefore breed and one box for new 'mon that are male and are therefore
incapable of passing on their species without a Ditto.

Just one possibility.

> I can't figure out anyway other than trading to add pokemon to the game
and
> since you are giving one up when you trade

And I'll stop you there. You have to TRADE between Coli and RS, do you?
This I had been wondering about.

Fortunately, I have a box full of Zubats that need a home in RS, having not
realised at first that shininess wasn't hereditary.

Steffan

Raph wrote:

> Since you can only get 48 pokemon in Colosseum, why is there storage for 90?
> I can't figure out anyway other than trading to add pokemon to the game and
> since you are giving one up when you trade, you still always have 48. Am I
> missing something? Is there a way to add pokemon to this game?

When they release the first e-card set for Collosseum, you'll be able to get 4
more pokemon.

In article <40A5B6F8.C713A35E@earthlink.net>,
Disruptor <dangaioh@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Raph wrote:
>
>> Since you can only get 48 pokemon in Colosseum, why is there storage for 90?
>> I can't figure out anyway other than trading to add pokemon to the game and
>> since you are giving one up when you trade, you still always have 48. Am I
>> missing something? Is there a way to add pokemon to this game?
>
>When they release the first e-card set for Collosseum, you'll be able to get 4
>more pokemon.

OK, so that's up to 56, by my count (48 shadow Pokemon, two you start
with, two you can get during the game, apparently, and four on cards).
That looks to me a good number for a storage capacity of 90 (plus six
with you and, if you like, one in Day Care).

Any idea which four Pokemon?

david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.

David Thornley wrote:

> In article <40A5B6F8.C713A35E@earthlink.net>,
> Disruptor <dangaioh@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >

> >Raph wrote:
> >
> >> Since you can only get 48 pokemon in Colosseum, why is there storage for 90?
> >> I can't figure out anyway other than trading to add pokemon to the game and
> >> since you are giving one up when you trade, you still always have 48. Am I
> >> missing something? Is there a way to add pokemon to this game?
> >
> >When they release the first e-card set for Collosseum, you'll be able to get 4
> >more pokemon.
> >
> OK, so that's up to 56, by my count (48 shadow Pokemon, two you start
> with, two you can get during the game, apparently, and four on cards).
> That looks to me a good number for a storage capacity of 90 (plus six
> with you and, if you like, one in Day Care).
>
> Any idea which four Pokemon?

Togepi
Mareep
Scizor(always male)
I can't recall the last one

"Disruptor" <dangaioh@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> > OK, so that's up to 56, by my count (48 shadow Pokemon, two you start
> > with, two you can get during the game, apparently, and four on cards).
> > That looks to me a good number for a storage capacity of 90 (plus six
> > with you and, if you like, one in Day Care).
> >
> > Any idea which four Pokemon?
>
> Togepi
> Mareep
> Scizor(always male)
> I can't recall the last one

I believe it's Corphish.

Unfortunately, it seems that NoA scrapped the E-reader functionality for the
English version of PokeCol. There's no mention of E-reader compatibility
anywhere on the box, and the door that led into the E-room in the Japanese
version is now a second entryway into the Phenice Colosseum (or so I'm told,
it's the left door if you want to try).

Thinking about it, this may not be a bad thing. I'm getting really sick of
NoA hyping up E-reader series for various games, and abandoning them after
the first set. I'm still waiting for my Boomerang Bros. Suit card for SMB3,
not to mention my Ginema Berries. ;_; If NoA isn't going to dedicate
themselves to the E-reader, I'd rather they not release cards at all, than
release a few cards intermittently and give players false hope.

--Beth

In article <40A6B8EE.47896EB7@earthlink.net>,
Disruptor <dangaioh@earthlink.net> wrote:

>David Thornley wrote:
>
>> Any idea which four Pokemon?
>
>Togepi
>Mareep
>Scizor(always male)
>I can't recall the last one

Now, that sounds disappointing. I already caught and purified a Flaafy,
and according to the guides the last shadow Pokemon I get is a Togetic
or Togepi. Having traded my Ampharos to Pokemon Ruby for a bit, I can
put a Mareep or two into my Coliseum file any time I like.

david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.