Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Blocked Schedule of applications

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 8:12:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I am not managing to schedule any application.
Everytime I try it, I get "Error : 0x80070005 Access denied"
Anybody can assist ?.
Thanks in advance

More about : blocked schedule applications

March 5, 2005 8:12:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Enable the Task Manager (Line 51)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm



"Sdruws" wrote:

> I am not managing to schedule any application.
> Everytime I try it, I get "Error : 0x80070005 Access denied"
> Anybody can assist ?.
> Thanks in advance
>
>
>
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 8:12:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

First off, in order to schedule a task you have to use an account
that has a password.
In order to get around this restriction, take a look at the left
hand entry for line 67 in Kelly's web site:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

If that doesn't help, then you might want to take a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;884573
--
Nepatsfan
"Sdruws" <sdruws@attglobal.net> wrote in message
news:euQD5%23bIFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I am not managing to schedule any application.
> Everytime I try it, I get "Error : 0x80070005 Access denied"
> Anybody can assist ?.
> Thanks in advance
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 10:11:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Thanks for help.
Much to regret, followed indicated lines and does not work.
Any further hint ?
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 10:11:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

You might want to provide a little more information such as:
What version of XP are you using, Home or Professional?
What task are you trying to schedule? What's the name of the
program you want to schedule?
What type of account are you logged on with? Administrator or
User?
Does this account have an actual password? No blank passwords
allowed.

Try the following:
Go to Start -> Run and type services.msc in the Open box. Click
OK.
Scroll down and make sure that Task Scheduler is set to Automatic
and that it's started.


--
Nepatsfan
"Sdruws" <sdruws@attglobal.net> wrote in message
news:u7aJCBdIFHA.2428@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Thanks for help.
> Much to regret, followed indicated lines and does not work.
> Any further hint ?
>
>
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 2:23:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Answering your questions, with pleasure :
I am running XP Pro.
I trying to schedule Spyware Doctor, Spybolt and Norton Antivirus.
I am tri=ying to schedule them to run and 4/5 and 6 hrs AM
I am logged as an Administrator.
The account has an actual pass.
I follow your advice and went to Start/Run?Services.mcs/Task Scheduler and
checked was already sett to Auto.
I set account and further same pass of the Adm Account.
Unfo got same Error : 0x80070005 Access denied.
Cud be correspondent file corrupted ?

Sorry to abuse of your patience but I am a beguinner.

Thanks in advance.
Rgds
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 2:23:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Norton Antivirus has its own scheduler. Open NAV. It will open to
'Status'. Select 'Scan for Viruses'. To the right of 'Scan my Computer'
you should see a tiny clock icon. You can change the schedule with it.

--
Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine]
(Reply to the group only unless otherwise requested)
"Sdruws" <sdruws@attglobal.net> wrote in message
news:elD7sNfIFHA.2956@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Answering your questions, with pleasure :
> I am running XP Pro.
> I trying to schedule Spyware Doctor, Spybolt and Norton Antivirus.
> I am tri=ying to schedule them to run and 4/5 and 6 hrs AM
> I am logged as an Administrator.
> The account has an actual pass.
> I follow your advice and went to Start/Run?Services.mcs/Task Scheduler and
> checked was already sett to Auto.
> I set account and further same pass of the Adm Account.
> Unfo got same Error : 0x80070005 Access denied.
> Cud be correspondent file corrupted ?
>
> Sorry to abuse of your patience but I am a beguinner.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Rgds
>
>
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 6:15:37 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

First off, follow Colin's suggestion about scheduling Norton to
run a scan. Let us know if you have a problem.

Now for the real problem:
When your computer starts, do you have to enter a user name and
password or are you logged on automatically?
If you're logged on automatically then I think the reason your
having problems with the Task Scheduler is that you're using the
wrong password.

Let's see if I understand the problem you're having.
You're able to start the Scheduled Task wizard.
You select the program you want to run and setup a schedule.
You enter your password twice and click Next.
You click on Finish.
When you do this a box pops up titled Task Scheduler with a
yellow triangle on the left.
In the box is the following text:

The new task has been created, but may not run because the
account information could not be set.
The specific error is:
0x80070005: Access is denied.
Try using the Task page Browse button to locate the task.

If this is what's happening then there may be a problem with the
password you're using. Try the following:
Go to Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts.
Click on the icon that represents your account.
Click on "Change my password".
Enter the password you've been using to setup scheduled task in
the first line.
Enter the same password in the next two lines.
Enter a hint if you want.
Let us know if a box pops up that says "The password you typed is
incorrect. Please retype your current password".


--
Nepatsfan
"Sdruws" <sdruws@attglobal.net> wrote in message
news:elD7sNfIFHA.2956@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Answering your questions, with pleasure :
> I am running XP Pro.
> I trying to schedule Spyware Doctor, Spybolt and Norton
> Antivirus.
> I am tri=ying to schedule them to run and 4/5 and 6 hrs AM
> I am logged as an Administrator.
> The account has an actual pass.
> I follow your advice and went to Start/Run?Services.mcs/Task
> Scheduler and
> checked was already sett to Auto.
> I set account and further same pass of the Adm Account.
> Unfo got same Error : 0x80070005 Access denied.
> Cud be correspondent file corrupted ?
>
> Sorry to abuse of your patience but I am a beguinner.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Rgds
>
>
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 4:50:24 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

First of all I would like to thank both of you for your kindly assistance
and patience.
Problem solved.
AAA. I went to services.msc and in the Task Manager item, I cleared in Log
On tab : This Account and clicked on Local System Account and Allow Service
to Interact with Desktop.
BBB. I went to Go to Start > Control Panel > User Accounts and have changed
my password.
CCC. I entered same pass in the Schedule Task.
It worked.
Sometimes I am under the impression that computers have human humor hehe !!!
Thanks again.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 4:50:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Glad to hear you've got the problem fixed.

--
Nepatsfan
"Sdruws" <sdruws@attglobal.net> wrote in message
news:e%23uUWymIFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> First of all I would like to thank both of you for your kindly
> assistance
> and patience.
> Problem solved.
> AAA. I went to services.msc and in the Task Manager item, I
> cleared in Log
> On tab : This Account and clicked on Local System Account and
> Allow Service
> to Interact with Desktop.
> BBB. I went to Go to Start > Control Panel > User Accounts and
> have changed
> my password.
> CCC. I entered same pass in the Schedule Task.
> It worked.
> Sometimes I am under the impression that computers have human
> humor hehe !!!
> Thanks again.
>
>
>
!