Applying Security Policy

About every 10 times that I boot up, my machine takes a long time to boot up
because it is applying a new security policy. When I try to access the
security policies I get a message to the effect that it cannot open the local
database. I do not know how to fix this.
3 answers Last reply
More about applying security policy

    Is the machine stand-alone or is it in a domain environment?
    Is it known clean from malware?

    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)

    "Roger Abell" wrote:

    > Is the machine stand-alone or is it in a domain environment?
    > Is it known clean from malware?
    >
    > --
    > Roger Abell

    I believe the machine is a stand alone. It may have been a domain machine. I
    unchecked the domain feature and the problem persisted. As far as being free
    of malware, I use Norton system works, and Ad Aware and am up to date with
    these programs. I suppose it is possible that items that Norton system works
    and Ad Adaware do not catch are on the machine.
    > Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    > MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
    > "Hoffy8196" <Hoffy8196@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > About every 10 times that I boot up, my machine takes a long time to boot
    > up
    > > because it is applying a new security policy. When I try to access the
    > > security policies I get a message to the effect that it cannot open the
    > local
    > > database. I do not know how to fix this.

    Look in Event Viewer to see if there are any pertinent errors, particularly
    relating to local security database or secedit.sdb file. You may have a
    corrupt secedit.sdb. See the link below for a procedure to repair it. ---
    Steve

    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBG/TIP3200/rh3252.htm

    > "Roger Abell" wrote:
    >
    >> Is the machine stand-alone or is it in a domain environment?
    >> Is it known clean from malware?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Roger Abell
    >
    > I believe the machine is a stand alone. It may have been a domain machine.
    > unchecked the domain feature and the problem persisted. As far as being
    > free
    > of malware, I use Norton system works, and Ad Aware and am up to date with
    > these programs. I suppose it is possible that items that Norton system
    > works
    > and Ad Adaware do not catch are on the machine.
    >> Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    >> MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
    >> "Hoffy8196" <Hoffy8196@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > About every 10 times that I boot up, my machine takes a long time to
    >> > boot
    >> up
    >> > because it is applying a new security policy. When I try to access the
    >> > security policies I get a message to the effect that it cannot open the
    >> local
    >> > database. I do not know how to fix this.

Policy Security Boot Windows