Secure Channel Password

Hi,

On Windows 2000 Server, how can I find out the date and/or time when the
Secure Channel's password changed.

Thanks

I don't know of a direct way offhand. Nltest would be a way to test or reset
it however. --- Steve

"Amir Marathonian" <AmirMarathonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F2636838-3E18-4181-B1AD-6509B9F13E6D@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> On Windows 2000 Server, how can I find out the date and/or time when the
> Secure Channel's password changed.
>
> Thanks

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi Amir,

I do not know of any GUI tools to do this but you can query the value from
within AD (there is a tool that Microsoft released for Users but it does not
seem to work for machine accounts). Unfortunately the value in AD is in an
obscure format that must be converted to a normal date and time. By default,
the value is stored here

OU: CN=ComputerName,CN=Computers,DC=domainname,DC=com
Attribute: pwdLastSet

If your computer obejcts are in a different OU then you will need to modify
the LDAP path accordingly. I cannot remember how to convert the date format
but some R&D on Google should tell you how. In terms of writing a script to
query this information and list it out in a nice format I am pretty sure I
remember a webcast that explained all the details of doing this in the
Microsoft Scripting Center on the MS website (explaining how to do it with
Windows Scripting Host). It may have been part of the Microsoft Scripting
Week they ran some months back. The content should all still be on the
website though. It was a good week and I recommend having a look. It was
aimed at people with no previous scripting experience and building the skills
to do genuinely useful things (like the above).