Windows Security

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
January 22, 2005 1:03:02 AM

Hello,

My name is Freddy Bhagalia. I am working as a System Administrator in an
Organisation. We are into Freight Forwarding business. We have 300 plus
Computers in our Organisation and I am the Administrator of these Computers.

I was having a technical discussion with my boss (CIO of the Company). The
discussion was on "Should we give Administrator rights of the local Computer,
to the User who is the owner of that Computer.

He thinks that we should give all the Users, Administrator rights.

I am extremely against this and am arguably not in favour of that. According
to me if the Admin rights of the Computer is been given to the Users, they
can put serious problems to their own Computers and the Network. Ultimately,
the Administrator has to face the music of the Users doings.

Please let me know your views on the same as I am in a fix, on to go about
what my boss had asked me for or should I be firm on my statement to my boss
“Not to give Administrator Rights to the Users".

Regards

Freddy.Bhagalia

Jan 22

email add: freddy@writercorporation.com

More about : windows security

January 26, 2005 5:13:01 PM

I think you should try to evaluate what are the needs of the users.

Put it down on an Excel sheet of paper. Evaluate whether they really need to
be Administrators to do all their stuff. Most of the time, Power Users or
lesser will do.

On another Excel sheet, put what all problems they can cause if they are
given Administrative rights.

Take it to your boss and l am sure you can work it out with them then.

!