group policy

I install windows 2000 SP4 and at this time I decided not to allow my kids to
have administrator right so I created another account with users right only.
When they log on, word, excel, powerpoint, etc want to install but fail with
error 1706. After each error I say ok and finally it load but it does this
each time. How can I fix this. You can email me at my email address also.
2 answers Last reply
More about group policy

    that account and open the various applications. This will allow the
    applications complete the installation process which is what is happening
    here. You can then remove the rights granted. Alternatively you could start
    the applications as an Admin user when logged on with the standard user
    account (Right click the application and click "Run as"). Again this will
    allow the apps complete there installation tasks.

    "voicescarry" <voicescarry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I install windows 2000 SP4 and at this time I decided not to allow my kids
    > have administrator right so I created another account with users right
    > only.
    > When they log on, word, excel, powerpoint, etc want to install but fail
    > with
    > error 1706. After each error I say ok and finally it load but it does
    > this
    > each time. How can I fix this. You can email me at my email address
    > also.

    I does not happen when you login does it ?

    If No is the answer all you have to do is copy your profile to the Default
    user profile.

    Then rename your kids profiles to something else other than your login. Next
    time when they login, a new profile with the contents of the Default profile
    (now your profile) will be created.

    Should work like magic..

    NEVILLE

    "voicescarry" wrote:

    > I install windows 2000 SP4 and at this time I decided not to allow my kids to
    > have administrator right so I created another account with users right only.
    > When they log on, word, excel, powerpoint, etc want to install but fail with
    > error 1706. After each error I say ok and finally it load but it does this
    > each time. How can I fix this. You can email me at my email address also.

Policy Windows 2000 Windows