Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

NFL in HD

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 6:17:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

well, with training camps opening this week, its time to get psyched for the
upcoming NFL season. I had just bought my tv last January in time to see
the Pats in the Superbowl in HD, but haven't seen any other games in HD. My
question becomes, how many of the regular season games are broadcast in HD?
Is it just the Primetime features (ABC-MNF, ESPN-SNF, etc?) or are
some/many/all of the regular season games broadcast in HD as well? Is there
any site that details this information? (Checked cbs.com, nfl.com, and
titantv.com briefly, but didn't see anything mentioned)

Thanks in advance.
Matt

More about : nfl

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 6:25:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

matt hope you got directv or a cable provider that has the nfl channel on
212...they are going to have all the preseason games on live I dont know how
many in HD...however cbs and fox, abc, espn and fox should have a ton of games
this year
End higher ticket prices! Go to local college games!
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 7:12:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On 30 Jul 2004 02:25:22 GMT, westislip@aol.comspambloc (Dan the fan)
wrote:

>matt hope you got directv or a cable provider that has the nfl channel on
>212...they are going to have all the preseason games on live I dont know how
>many in HD...however cbs and fox, abc, espn and fox should have a ton of games
>this year
>End higher ticket prices! Go to local college games!

I'm in a non HD area and only depend on the dish network. They can't
even let me have CBS due to a HD station 75 miles to the south of me.
I bought a PR-8800 bow-tie antenna from winegard with a 28 db pre-amp.
Now i'm picking up all the networks and am ready for the pro-football
season. Someone said that Fox will carry 9 games per week. I hope
their all in HD.

hdtvfan
Related resources
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 11:25:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

mr E wrote:
>
> well, with training camps opening this week, its time to get psyched for the
> upcoming NFL season. I had just bought my tv last January in time to see
> the Pats in the Superbowl in HD, but haven't seen any other games in HD. My
> question becomes, how many of the regular season games are broadcast in HD?
> Is it just the Primetime features (ABC-MNF, ESPN-SNF, etc?) or are
> some/many/all of the regular season games broadcast in HD as well? Is there
> any site that details this information? (Checked cbs.com, nfl.com, and
> titantv.com briefly, but didn't see anything mentioned)
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Matt


NFL News from GBay, WI...

It appears that all GBay Packer games will be in HD this Fall...

11 from FOX-HD, 3 from ABC-HD MNF, 1 from ESPN-HD SNF, and
one from CBS-HD....

The key here is that both FOX National will buy 6

HD studio trucks and the FOX local HD is up and

running at Full HD Power as of 1 week ago.

Since ABC & ESPN have the same owners.....

I'm betting that the Sunday nite ESPN HD game

will be on the local GBay ABC HD station....

IF so, All GBay Packer games will be on OTA HD..!!

THe rumble here is that Time Warner Cable in GBay

might not end up showing the 11 FOX-HD Packer games??

As a recent Sports bonus... Time Warner Cable in GBay

now shows a lot of NASCAR in HD via the TNT-HD channel.
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 10:10:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Dennis Mayer" <Polaris1@execpc.com> wrote in message
news:410A3E53.5D2AD46D@execpc.com...
>
>
> mr E wrote:
> >
> > well, with training camps opening this week, its time to get psyched for
the
> > upcoming NFL season. I had just bought my tv last January in time to
see
> > the Pats in the Superbowl in HD, but haven't seen any other games in HD.
My
> > question becomes, how many of the regular season games are broadcast in
HD?
> > Is it just the Primetime features (ABC-MNF, ESPN-SNF, etc?) or are
> > some/many/all of the regular season games broadcast in HD as well? Is
there
> > any site that details this information? (Checked cbs.com, nfl.com, and
> > titantv.com briefly, but didn't see anything mentioned)
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Matt
>
>
> NFL News from GBay, WI...
>
> It appears that all GBay Packer games will be in HD this Fall...
>
> 11 from FOX-HD, 3 from ABC-HD MNF, 1 from ESPN-HD SNF, and
> one from CBS-HD....
>
> The key here is that both FOX National will buy 6
>
> HD studio trucks and the FOX local HD is up and
>
> running at Full HD Power as of 1 week ago.
>
> Since ABC & ESPN have the same owners.....
>
> I'm betting that the Sunday nite ESPN HD game
>
> will be on the local GBay ABC HD station....
>
> IF so, All GBay Packer games will be on OTA HD..!!
>
> THe rumble here is that Time Warner Cable in GBay
>
> might not end up showing the 11 FOX-HD Packer games??
>
> As a recent Sports bonus... Time Warner Cable in GBay
>
> now shows a lot of NASCAR in HD via the TNT-HD channel.

Where did you find this news? Was it the NFL site, Packers site, Fox site,
or a local site? Is there something comparable I could check for New
England details? Thanks for the Green Bay news, I can't see New England
being far behind, although most of the AFC games are on CBS (I believe AFC
home games against NFC are on FOX, because the road team chooses the
broadcaster.)

Matt
July 30, 2004 10:28:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

There is one CBS (the lead game with Simms and Gumble) Fox games are in
enhanced def., which is not bad. Monday Night Football is hd as is the
Sunday night ESPN game. That is the way it was last year.
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 10:29:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

mr E wrote:
>
> "Dennis Mayer" <Polaris1@execpc.com> wrote in message
> news:410A3E53.5D2AD46D@execpc.com...
> >
> >
> > mr E wrote:
> > >
> > > well, with training camps opening this week, its time to get psyched for
> the
> > > upcoming NFL season. I had just bought my tv last January in time to
> see
> > > the Pats in the Superbowl in HD, but haven't seen any other games in HD.
> My
> > > question becomes, how many of the regular season games are broadcast in
> HD?
> > > Is it just the Primetime features (ABC-MNF, ESPN-SNF, etc?) or are
> > > some/many/all of the regular season games broadcast in HD as well? Is
> there
> > > any site that details this information? (Checked cbs.com, nfl.com, and
> > > titantv.com briefly, but didn't see anything mentioned)
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > Matt
> >
> >
> > NFL News from GBay, WI...
> >
> > It appears that all GBay Packer games will be in HD this Fall...
> >
> > 11 from FOX-HD, 3 from ABC-HD MNF, 1 from ESPN-HD SNF, and
> > one from CBS-HD....
> >
> > The key here is that both FOX National will buy 6
> >
> > HD studio trucks and the FOX local HD is up and
> >
> > running at Full HD Power as of 1 week ago.
> >
> > Since ABC & ESPN have the same owners.....
> >
> > I'm betting that the Sunday nite ESPN HD game
> >
> > will be on the local GBay ABC HD station....
> >
> > IF so, All GBay Packer games will be on OTA HD..!!
> >
> > THe rumble here is that Time Warner Cable in GBay
> >
> > might not end up showing the 11 FOX-HD Packer games??
> >
> > As a recent Sports bonus... Time Warner Cable in GBay
> >
> > now shows a lot of NASCAR in HD via the TNT-HD channel.
>
> Where did you find this news? Was it the NFL site, Packers site, Fox site,
> or a local site? Is there something comparable I could check for New
> England details? Thanks for the Green Bay news, I can't see New England
> being far behind, although most of the AFC games are on CBS (I believe AFC
> home games against NFC are on FOX, because the road team chooses the
> broadcaster.)
>
> Matt

Matt:

First learned of full Packer HD line up on:

http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org

I then made phone calls to either local HDTV station

managers OR local HDTV station engineers....

THe HDTV situation in GBay is moving fast....

With 4 of 5 HD networks in Full Power OTA now.

#5 NBC goes full Power HD Aug 13th.

Time Warner Cable has 10 (nice) HD Program channels now,

3 which are OTA HD locals with no NBC HD nor

FOX HD yet on Time Warner.

By the way... Time Warner has a full selection

of Analog NFL OTA as a continuing std offering.
Anonymous
July 31, 2004 11:09:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Joe wrote:
> There is one CBS (the lead game with Simms and Gumble) Fox games are in
> enhanced def., which is not bad. Monday Night Football is hd as is the
> Sunday night ESPN game. That is the way it was last year.

NFL ON FOX KICKS-OFF SUPER BOWL SEASON SEPT. 12th IN HIGH DEFINITION

Dallas at Green Bay, St. Louis at Carolina, Green Bay at Philadelphia and

SUPER BOWL XXXIX Among Regular and Postseason Highlights

FOX Sports Becomes First Network to Present Up To 6 Games Each Week in HD

2004 Preseason Schedule Features Thursday and Friday

Prime Time Games on August 19 and 27

The 2004 NFL on FOX season, one that will culminate with the live
presentation of SUPER BOWL XXXIX, premieres Sunday, Sept. 12 with
doubleheader coverage of seven games, highlighted by Joe Gibbs’ return
to the Redskins’ sidelines when Washington hosts Tampa Bay, and Bill
Parcells’ Dallas Cowboys against the Minnesota Vikings. In total, FOX
Sports broadcasts a 111-game regular season slate, including nine
doubleheader Sundays, the traditional Thanksgiving Day game and two
special late-season non-Sunday national broadcasts. Each week, coverage
begins with FOX NFL SUNDAY (12:00-1:00 PM ET/9:00-10:00 AM PT),
America’s most watched pregame show for ten straight years, starring
co-hosts James Brown and Terry Bradshaw, and analysts Howie Long and
Jimmy Johnson.

FOX Sports’ 2004 NFL regular and postseason broadcast schedule boasts an
unprecedented presentation of high definition programming. Beginning
Sept. 12, the network will present up to six games in 720p high
definition every week during the regular season. In addition, all
nationally televised regular and postseason games, including the NFC
Championship Game and SUPER BOWL XXXIX, will be offered in the 720p
(progressive) high definition format, which takes 60 razor sharp,
complete pictures per second, producing spectacular moving images. No
other network has ever produced as many as six NFL games in HD on the
same day.

The NFL on FOX’ eleventh season boasts 64 games featuring last season’s
playoff teams, including: the Seattle Seahawks (13); the NFC Champion
Carolina Panthers (12); the NFC North champion Green Bay Packers (11);
the NFC East champion Philadelphia Eagles (10); the NFC West champion
St. Louis Rams (10); and the Dallas Cowboys (10). FOX’ 2004 schedule
also includes 12 games featuring the Washington Redskins’ crusade for
the Lombardi Trophy, back under the direction of the last man to lead
the storied franchise to glory, head coach Joe Gibbs.

Once the playoff teams are determined, the NFL on FOX presents exclusive
live postseason coverage, including: an NFC Wild Card Game on Sunday,
Jan. 9; the NFC Divisional Playoffs, Saturday, Jan. 15 and Sunday, Jan.
16; the NFC Championship Game on Sunday, Jan. 23 and culminates with
SUPER BOWL XXXIX on Sunday, Feb. 7 from ALLTEL Stadium in Jacksonville, FL.

This season’s NFL on FOX coverage again kicks off with three
regular-season NFL Europe League contests in June leading up to World
Bowl 2004, the league’s championship game, Saturday, June 12 (12:00 PM
ET), live from Gelsenkirchen, Germany.

The NFL on FOX’s 2004 preseason schedule features Jeremy Shockey and the
re-tuned New York Giants against the NFC Champion Carolina Panthers, led
by former Giant defensive coordinator John Fox, on Thursday, August 19
(8:00 PM ET), live from Ericsson Stadium in Charlotte. Eight days later
on Friday, August 27 (8:00 PM ET), Joe Gibbs and the Washington Redskins
visit Marshall Faulk and the defending AFC West Champion St. Louis Rams
at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis.

David Hill and Ed Goren are the Executive Producers of the NFL on FOX.
Bill Brown is Senior Producer. Scott Ackerson is the Coordinating
Producer of FOX NFL SUNDAY.

Following is a complete list of games on the 2004 NFL on FOX regular and
postseason broadcast schedules:



FOX SPORTS 2004 NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE SCHEDULE

(ALL TIMES ET)

Sunday, September 12

(FOX NFL SUNDAY Doubleheader)

1:00 PM Seattle Seahawks at New Orleans Saints

Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Washington Redskins

Arizona Cardinals at St. Louis Rams

4:00 PM Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings

New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles

Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers

Sunday, September 19

1:00 PM Washington Redskins at New York Giants

Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers

St. Louis Rams at Atlanta Falcons

San Francisco 49ers at New Orleans Saints

Carolina Panthers at Kansas City Chiefs

4:00 PM Seattle Seahawks at Tampa Bay Buccaneers



Sunday, September 26

(FOX NFL SUNDAY Doubleheader)

1:00 PM Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings

Philadelphia Eagles at Detroit Lions

Arizona Cardinals at Atlanta Falcons

New Orleans Saints at St. Louis Rams

4:00 PM Green Bay Packers at Indianapolis Colts

San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

Sunday, October 3

1:00 PM New York Giants at Green Bay Packers

Philadelphia Eagles at Chicago Bears

Washington Redskins at Cleveland Browns

4:00 PM New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers

Sunday, October 10

(FOX NFL SUNDAY Doubleheader)

1:00 PM New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys

Minnesota Vikings at Houston Texans

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints

Detroit Lions at Atlanta Falcons

4:00 PM Carolina Panthers at Denver Broncos

Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

St. Louis Rams at Seattle Seahawks

Sunday, October 17

1:00 PM Carolina Panthers at Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Redskins at Chicago Bears

Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions

San Francisco 49ers at New York Jets

Seattle Seahawks at New England Patriots

Sunday, October 24

(FOX NFL SUNDAY Doubleheader)

1:00 PM Chicago Bears at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Philadelphia Eagles at Cleveland Browns

Detroit Lions at New York Giants

St. Louis Rams at Miami Dolphins

Atlanta Falcons at Kansas City Chiefs

4:00 PM Dallas Cowboys at Green Bay Packers

Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals

New Orleans Saints at Oakland Raiders

Sunday, October 31

1:00 PM Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys

Green Bay Packers at Washington Redskins

New York Giants at Minnesota Vikings

Arizona Cardinals at Buffalo Bills

4:00 PM Carolina Panthers at Seattle Seahawks

Atlanta Falcons at Denver Broncos

Sunday, November 7

1:00 PM Dallas Cowboys at Cincinnati Bengals

Philadelphia Eagles at Pittsburgh Steelers

Washington Redskins at Detroit Lions

Arizona Cardinals at Miami Dolphins

4:00 PM Chicago Bears at New York Giants

New Orleans Saints at San Diego Chargers

Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

Sunday, November 14

(FOX NFL SUNDAY Doubleheader)

1:00 PM Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Atlanta Falcons

Chicago Bears at Tennessee Titans

Detroit Lions at Jacksonville Jaguars

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams

4:00 PM Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers

Carolina Panthers at San Francisco 49ers

New York Giants at Arizona Cardinals

Sunday, November 21

(FOX NFL SUNDAY Doubleheader)

1:00 PM San Francisco 49ers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Arizona Cardinals at Carolina Panthers

Detroit Lions at Minnesota Vikings

Dallas Cowboys at Baltimore Ravens

St. Louis Rams at Buffalo Bills

4:00 PM Washington Redskins at Philadelphia Eagles

Atlanta Falcons at New York Giants


Thursday, November 25 (Thanksgiving Day)

4:00 PM Chicago Bears at Dallas Cowboys

Sunday, November 28

1:00 PM Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants

Washington Redskins at Pittsburgh Steelers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Carolina Panthers

4:00 PM New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons

Sunday, December 5

(FOX NFL SUNDAY Doubleheader)

1:00 PM Carolina Panthers at New Orleans Saints

San Francisco 49ers at St. Louis Rams

Arizona Cardinals at Detroit Lions

Minnesota Vikings at Chicago Bears

Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4:00 PM Green Bay Packers at Philadelphia Eagles

New York Giants at Washington Redskins

Sunday, December 12

(FOX NFL SUNDAY Doubleheader)

1:00 PM New York Giants at Baltimore Ravens

Chicago Bears at Jacksonville Jaguars

New Orleans Saints at Dallas Cowboys

Seattle Seahawks at Minnesota Vikings

Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers

4:00 PM St. Louis Rams at Carolina Panthers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at San Diego Chargers

San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals

Saturday, December 18

5:00 PM Washington Redskins at San Francisco 49ers

Sunday, December 19

1:00 PM Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles

Seattle Seahawks at New York Jets

Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions

4:00 PM New Orleans Saints at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals

Friday, December 24

3:00 PM Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings

Sunday, December 26

(FOX NFL SUNDAY Doubleheader)

1:00 PM New York Giants at Cincinnati Bengals

Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints

4:00 PM Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys

Arizona Cardinals at Seattle Seahawks

Sunday, January 2, 2005

1:00 PM Minnesota Vikings at Washington Redskins

Detroit Lions at Tennessee Titans

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears

New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers

San Francisco 49ers at New England Patriots

4:00 PM Atlanta Falcons at Seattle Seahawks

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Arizona Cardinals

Sunday, January 9, 2005

NFC Wild Card Game (teams, site & time to be determined)

Saturday, January 15, 2005

NFC Divisional Playoff Game (teams, site & time to be determined)

Sunday, January 16, 2005

NFC Divisional Playoff Game (teams, site & time to be determined)

Sunday, January 23, 2005

NFC Championship Game (teams, site & time to be determined)

Sunday, February 7, 2005

SUPER BOWL XXXIX

ALLTEL STADIUM, Jacksonville, FL



-- FOX SPORTS --
Anonymous
July 31, 2004 6:40:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

when is Directv going to get these games in hd
End higher ticket prices! Go to local college games!
!