CREATOR OWNER

What should the rights be for CREATOR OWNER for user file/folder objects? I
noticed that most of mine have BLANK permissions... NO allow and NO DENY.

Carl

They are not blank, but they cannot be displayed in the
generic view dialog. Click on Advanced to see the
detail. The generic view shows only grants that are
for "This folder, subfolders and files"

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
"Carl Hilton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What should the rights be for CREATOR OWNER for user file/folder objects?
> noticed that most of mine have BLANK permissions... NO allow and NO DENY.
>
> Carl

jud

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

"Carl Hilton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What should the rights be for CREATOR OWNER for user file/folder objects?
> noticed that most of mine have BLANK permissions... NO allow and NO DENY.
>
> Carl
>
> The only people listed in my file security for everything is
"Administrator"
"Administrators"
"My Name"
"System"

All have full rights to the drive,
I read that most people leave "Everyone" listed with full rights, which to
me sounds like a potential security hole.

Jud

Thanks, and searched groups for CREATOR OWNER which I shold have done prior
to posting found good info.

Carl