Windows 2003 Home Directory Not Mapping

Have configured user home directory under the user's profile tab to map H:
for the user i.e. \\servername\users\%username% The user logs in and is
mapped to the root (\\servername\user) instead to the user directory h: .
The logged in user is able to browse/open all other users files/directories.
I can not figure out why the user is not mapping H: i.e.
\\servername\user\jsmith
I have a group policy in place to redirected the user folders (my documents,
application data, etc.) to the home directory.

Anyone have any suggestions??????????

--
Thanks in advance
1 answer Last reply

    "rtootle" <rtootle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Have configured user home directory under the user's profile tab to map H:
    > for the user i.e. \\servername\users\%username% The user logs in and is
    > mapped to the root (\\servername\user) instead to the user directory h: .

    What OS are the clients? (I thought ony 9x suffered this problem.

    > The logged in user is able to browse/open all other users
    files/directories.

    That is a PERMISSION problem and should be fixed separately
    from the above mapping issue.

    For one, users do not need ANY access on the parent
    (e.g., UserDir directory) for these shared directories, and
    they definitely need no default permissions on OTHER
    peoples stuff. (Unless you want them to share, then READ
    my be appropriate for SOME situations.)

    > I can not figure out why the user is not mapping H: i.e.
    > \\servername\user\jsmith
    > I have a group policy in place to redirected the user folders (my
    documents,
    > application data, etc.) to the home directory.

    Then likely the clients are not 9x.

    --
    Herb Martin

    > Anyone have any suggestions??????????