xcacls removes permissions, inheritance puts them back

I have used xcacls in a batch file to create several hundred folders and set
the permissions on them. I removed a set of permissions which they had all
inherited from the folder above (again using xcacls). However, as
inheritance is still in place the permission is 'put back in again'. Anyone
know how to break the inheritance link (apart from doing it manually by
unticking the box)?
Grateful for any help.

There is also an xacls.vbs [which adds the /I switch] or my favorite
fileacl. I know fileacl can handle inheritances [enable or disable] with
/inherit or /protect and ownership. The link below explains a lot more with
example of some syntax for fileacl which takes bit of practice to get
right.. --- Steve

http://www.gbordier.com/gbtools/fileacl.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825751 -- xcacls.vbs

"F Laufs" <FLaufs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used xcacls in a batch file to create several hundred folders and
>set
> the permissions on them. I removed a set of permissions which they had
> all
> inherited from the folder above (again using xcacls). However, as
> inheritance is still in place the permission is 'put back in again'.
> Anyone
> know how to break the inheritance link (apart from doing it manually by
> unticking the box)?
> Grateful for any help.

Fileacl does the job - thanks!

"Steven L Umbach" wrote:

> There is also an xacls.vbs [which adds the /I switch] or my favorite
> fileacl. I know fileacl can handle inheritances [enable or disable] with
> /inherit or /protect and ownership. The link below explains a lot more with
> example of some syntax for fileacl which takes bit of practice to get
> right.. --- Steve
>
> http://www.gbordier.com/gbtools/fileacl.htm
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825751 -- xcacls.vbs
>
> "F Laufs" <FLaufs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have used xcacls in a batch file to create several hundred folders and
> >set
> > the permissions on them. I removed a set of permissions which they had
> > all
> > inherited from the folder above (again using xcacls). However, as
> > inheritance is still in place the permission is 'put back in again'.
> > Anyone
> > know how to break the inheritance link (apart from doing it manually by
> > unticking the box)?
> > Grateful for any help.

Great! Thanks for reporting back that it worked. It is a handy file
permission program. --- Steve