Can't Export Address Book

I can't export then import the Outlook Express address book from one
computer to another. Both computers have XP Home.
The proceedure I followed:
1. Went to Outlook express and selected File/Export/Address Book. An
Address Book Export Tool window comes up with message, " Select the program
or file type to export your address book to". The only file shown is, Text
File(Comma Separated Values). This permits the address book to be exported
as a .csv file. When I try to import the address book into the second
computer, the computer asks for a file with a .wab extension and doesnt
recognize the .csv file.
What is wrong?

--
Joseph Childs (jchilds1@nycap.rr.com)
All messages are scanned for viruses before being sent

    I'm assuming that the two machines are *not* connect in any way. Like a
    network or a Direct Cable Connection. Copy your Windows Address Book to a
    floppy.

    Do a Search for *.wab
    * is a wild card and will locate all wab files on your machine.
    wab is the file extension for all Windows Address Books.
    Mine is Wesley P_ Vogel.wab

    Or Open Windows Address Book | Click Help | About Address Book |
    Copy the path and paste it into the Start | Run box | Click OK

    Typically located here >>
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Application Data\Microsoft\Address
    Book\SomeName.wab

    Once your WAB is located right click it and select: Send To |
    3½" Floppy (A:) Make sure there's a disk in the floppy drive.

    Stick the disk you copied the *.wab to in the XP machine's floppy drive and
    copy it to:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Application Data\
    Microsoft\Address Book

    To open the floppy disk...
    Start | Run | Type: a: | OK |
    Right click your *.wab file and select: Copy

    This will open the proper folder...
    Start | Run | Type or paste the following:

    %homedrive%%homepath%\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

    Click OK or hit the ENTER key.

    Right click the right hand pane and select: Paste

    You should now see your *.wab file.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23H0UbTdIFHA.2956@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Joseph Childs <jchilds1@nycap.rr.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I can't export then import the Outlook Express address book from one
    > computer to another. Both computers have XP Home.
    > The proceedure I followed:
    > 1. Went to Outlook express and selected File/Export/Address Book.
    > An Address Book Export Tool window comes up with message, " Select
    > the program or file type to export your address book to". The only
    > file shown is, Text File(Comma Separated Values). This permits the
    > address book to be exported as a .csv file. When I try to import the
    > address book into the second computer, the computer asks for a file
    > with a .wab extension and doesnt recognize the .csv file.
    > What is wrong?
    >
    > --
    > Joseph Childs (jchilds1@nycap.rr.com)
    > All messages are scanned for viruses before being sent

    I found that if I go to Outlook express and then to Addresses which opens
    the address book listing and from there got File/Export/Address Book(WAB),
    this allows me to create the .wab file and define its location. However,
    after I did that, when I attempted to import the file into the other machine
    an error message appeared: "An error occured during the import process. The
    import process could not be completed." Now what?

    --
    Joseph Childs (jchilds1@nycap.rr.com)
    All messages are scanned for viruses before being sent

    Joseph,

    Copy your Windows Address Book to a floppy as a *.wab file.

    In my opinion, a *.csv file is worthless.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eIJcMgfIFHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,

    "Joseph Childs" <jchilds1@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I can't export then import the Outlook Express address book from one
    > computer to another. Both computers have XP Home.
    > The proceedure I followed:
    > 1. Went to Outlook express and selected File/Export/Address Book. An
    > Address Book Export Tool window comes up with message, " Select the
    > program
    > or file type to export your address book to". The only file shown is, Text
    > File(Comma Separated Values). This permits the address book to be exported
    > as a .csv file. When I try to import the address book into the second
    > computer, the computer asks for a file with a .wab extension and doesnt
    > recognize the .csv file.
    > What is wrong?

    When importing choose Other Address Book and then Text (Comma Separated
    Values).

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders,
    Your suggestion your sugestion to choose Other Address Book and then
    Text(Comma Separated Variables) worked and solved all of my problems. I do
    want to thank all the others for their helpful suggestions.

    --
    Joseph Childs (jchilds1@nycap.rr.com)
    All messages are scanned for viruses before being sent

Outlook Express Computers Windows XP Books