catching skarmory

Anyone have any luck catching Skarmory? I have used ultraballs out the kazoo
with no sucess. Also used timerballs after the battle had been going on for
sometime, but again, to no avail.

Anyone have a tip for me before I start pulling hair?
6 answers Last reply
More about catching skarmory

    On Mon, 17 May 2004, Wulfbayn wrote:
    > Anyone have any luck catching Skarmory? I have used ultraballs out the
    > kazoo with no sucess. Also used timerballs after the battle had been going
    > on for sometime, but again, to no avail.
    >
    > Anyone have a tip for me before I start pulling hair?

    Nope. Had my Electrike Thunder Wave it, then got it down into the red,
    threw a normal Pokeball and got it on my first try...

    "Wulfbayn" <ctwalker99nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Anyone have any luck catching Skarmory? I have used ultraballs out the
    kazoo
    > with no sucess. Also used timerballs after the battle had been going on
    for
    > sometime, but again, to no avail.
    >
    > Anyone have a tip for me before I start pulling hair?

    Not reached Skarmory yet, but I've got several which I assume are trickier,
    so here's some general tips:

    Keep track of the number of turns used! 2vs2 battles seem deceptively long
    since four commands are issued in each round. Each time a round ends, keep
    a tally. The Timer Balls get more effective every ten rounds, so this tally
    can come in useful.

    Use sleep moves before paralysis moves. Sleeping Pokémon are easier to
    catch than paralysed Pokémon, IIRC, but even if that's not true, sleeping
    Pokémon wake up eventually, so it's worth trying the sleep moves so that
    your paralyser remains healthy among your four back-ups.

    Confusion, poison and burns are bad. Try to avoid keeping out Pokémon such
    as Slugma, which burns on contact, as you risk killing it inadvertantly.

    And finally, if its HP's in the red, it's asleep or paralysed, you're
    throwing Ultra Balls and Timer Balls, and it's STILL not staying
    inside...statistically, it eventually will.

    The best hint I can give: Play with your GameCube near enough so you can
    reset without getting up. Seventeen times I had to reset to get a female
    Croconaw. Arr.

    Steffan

    STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:

    > "Wulfbayn" <ctwalker99nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > Anyone have any luck catching Skarmory? I have used ultraballs out the
    > kazoo
    > > with no sucess. Also used timerballs after the battle had been going on
    > for
    > > sometime, but again, to no avail.
    > >
    > > Anyone have a tip for me before I start pulling hair?
    >
    > Not reached Skarmory yet, but I've got several which I assume are trickier,
    > so here's some general tips:
    >
    > Keep track of the number of turns used! 2vs2 battles seem deceptively long
    > since four commands are issued in each round. Each time a round ends, keep
    > a tally. The Timer Balls get more effective every ten rounds, so this tally
    > can come in useful.
    >
    > Use sleep moves before paralysis moves. Sleeping Pokémon are easier to
    > catch than paralysed Pokémon, IIRC, but even if that's not true, sleeping
    > Pokémon wake up eventually, so it's worth trying the sleep moves so that
    > your paralyser remains healthy among your four back-ups.
    >
    > Confusion, poison and burns are bad. Try to avoid keeping out Pokémon such
    > as Slugma, which burns on contact, as you risk killing it inadvertantly.
    >
    > And finally, if its HP's in the red, it's asleep or paralysed, you're
    > throwing Ultra Balls and Timer Balls, and it's STILL not staying
    > inside...statistically, it eventually will.
    >
    > The best hint I can give: Play with your GameCube near enough so you can
    > reset without getting up. Seventeen times I had to reset to get a female
    > Croconaw. Arr.

    Another thing to keep out is Misdreaveus with Pain Split along with a LOT of
    potions and revives. A pokemon can Shadow Rush itself to fainting.

    "Disruptor" <dangaioh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Another thing to keep out is Misdreaveus with Pain Split along with a LOT
    of
    > potions and revives. A pokemon can Shadow Rush itself to fainting.

    I've not seen much of a problem with that myself. Sure, one or two Pokémon
    have knocked themselves out with recoil on me, but it doesn't happen so
    frequently that I think it's worth sacrificing a place on my team to keep a
    Misdreavus with me.

    If you keep Pain Splitting, you have to chip away at health again to weaken
    it enough to capture it. This means you waste too much time weakening it
    and not getting enough of a chance to use Balls. It must also cost a
    fortune in the all-too-expensive Revives and Hyper/Max Potions.

    Steffan

    "Wulfbayn" <ctwalker99nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Anyone have any luck catching Skarmory? I have used ultraballs out the
    kazoo
    > with no sucess. Also used timerballs after the battle had been going on
    for
    > sometime, but again, to no avail.
    >
    > Anyone have a tip for me before I start pulling hair?

    Thanks for all the help. I guess I just hit a string of bad luck.
    Statistically, I should have had it. I will go back fresh and try again. May
    have been some kind of glitch or some such thing. Pissed off the pokemon
    Gods or ........

    > Thanks for all the help. I guess I just hit a string of bad luck.
    > Statistically, I should have had it. I will go back fresh and try again.
    May
    > have been some kind of glitch or some such thing. Pissed off the pokemon
    > Gods or ........

    Heh, we've all been there. Thing is, although it seems ridiculous, odds are
    you haven't tried as often as you'd think. The Pokémon I spent the most
    time catching was the Southern Island Latios, but it only really took four
    resets. Rayquaza, on the other hand, took about a million, but it doesn't
    seem as bad since Ray's MEANT to be difficult to catch.

    Meanwhile, getting a female Croconaw took seventeen goes, but since I reset
    as soon as I saw gender, it didn't take too long. This is another reason to
    keep track of the number of turns - when it feels like it's been a million,
    it's probably just been five or six.

    It's always irritating when you waste balls trying to catch something basic
    and consistently fail.

    Steffan

Games Nintendo Video Games