Windows 2000 Pro Administrator Problem

I have no idea how this happened, but all accounts on my Windows 2000 Pro
system
have lost administrator rights including the original administrator
account. Besides that one I have 2 other accounts with admin rights that were
recently added and shortly after that all rights were gone. I know absolutely
nothing about this operating system or it's security settings. Anyone have
any ideas or suggestions as to how this could have happened and how I can
resolve it? Someone could very well have messed with the priveleges from one
of the new accounts. I have absolutely no idea, but I would love to not have
to wipe this machine clean and start over.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 2000 administrator problem

    The built in administrator account can not be removed from the
    administrators group but can be renamed. It certainly sounds like someone
    else accessed your computer as an administrator and has locked you out. See
    the link below on a utility that you can download to give yourself access
    again as the administrator. Then you have to take steps to secure your
    computer so that it does not happen again such as using secure passwords,
    not giving other untrusted users administrators account membership, logging
    off your computer when not using it, not letting untrusted users have
    physical access to your computers, etc. --- Steve

    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    "sph1nx1an" <sph1nx1an@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have no idea how this happened, but all accounts on my Windows 2000 Pro
    > system
    > have lost administrator rights including the original administrator
    > account. Besides that one I have 2 other accounts with admin rights that
    > were
    > recently added and shortly after that all rights were gone. I know
    > absolutely
    > nothing about this operating system or it's security settings. Anyone have
    > any ideas or suggestions as to how this could have happened and how I can
    > resolve it? Someone could very well have messed with the priveleges from
    > one
    > of the new accounts. I have absolutely no idea, but I would love to not
    > have
    > to wipe this machine clean and start over.

Security Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows