Tracking logons

Hi guys

is there any way I can track user logons? If I enable auditing will this
simply display in Event Viewer? Is there another way of
displaying/collecting this data to quickly break it down? Many thanks for
your help!

-------
Tech Admin
West Midlands, England
Stressed and Tired!
--------

For a domain enable auditing of "account logon" events in Domain Controller
Security Policy. For non domain computers enable auditing of account logons
or logons in Local Security Policy. Then you will see the user logons in the
security log in Event Viewer. You can use free tools such as Event Comb from
Microsoft to scan security logs of multiple computers for specific events or
text strings. The links below explain more. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q248260
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308471

"Chris Hagon" <ChrisHagon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys
>
> is there any way I can track user logons? If I enable auditing will this
> simply display in Event Viewer? Is there another way of
> displaying/collecting this data to quickly break it down? Many thanks for
> your help!
>

> -------
> Tech Admin
> West Midlands, England
> Stressed and Tired!
> --------

Hi!

You're on the right track. And yes they will appear on the eventvwr.

--
M4c4StR0