Tracking logons

Hi guys

is there any way I can track user logons? If I enable auditing will this
simply display in Event Viewer? Is there another way of
displaying/collecting this data to quickly break it down? Many thanks for
your help!

-------
Tech Admin
West Midlands, England
Stressed and Tired!
--------
2 answers Last reply
More about tracking logons

    For a domain enable auditing of "account logon" events in Domain Controller
    Security Policy. For non domain computers enable auditing of account logons
    or logons in Local Security Policy. Then you will see the user logons in the
    security log in Event Viewer. You can use free tools such as Event Comb from
    Microsoft to scan security logs of multiple computers for specific events or
    text strings. The links below explain more. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q248260
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308471

    "Chris Hagon" <ChrisHagon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys
    >
    > is there any way I can track user logons? If I enable auditing will this
    > simply display in Event Viewer? Is there another way of
    > displaying/collecting this data to quickly break it down? Many thanks for
    > your help!
    >

    > -------
    > Tech Admin
    > West Midlands, England
    > Stressed and Tired!
    > --------

    Hi!

    You're on the right track. And yes they will appear on the eventvwr.

    --
    M4c4StR0

    "Chris Hagon" <ChrisHagon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Hi guys
    |
    | is there any way I can track user logons? If I enable auditing will this
    | simply display in Event Viewer? Is there another way of
    | displaying/collecting this data to quickly break it down? Many thanks for
    | your help!
    |

    | -------
    | Tech Admin
    | West Midlands, England