Event ID: 565
Date: 4/02/2005
Time: 2:41:30 p
User: <domainname>\<usercomputername>$
Computer: <servercomputername>
Object Open:
Object Server: DS
Object Type: dnsNode
Object Name:
DC=<usercomputername>,DC=<url>,CN=MicrosoftDNS,CN=System,DC=<url>,DC=<domain
name>,DC=<url part>,DC=<url part>
New Handle ID: -
Operation ID: {0,617010039}
Process ID: 268
Primary User Name: <servercomputername>$
Primary Domain: AWTNZ
Primary Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7)
Client User Name: <usercomputer>$
Client Domain: <domainname>
Client Logon ID: (0x0,0x24C6D367)
Accesses Write Self

Privileges -

Properties:
DELETE
WRITE_DAC
Delete Child
Read Property
Delete Tree
%{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
---
dnsRecord
ACCESS_SYS_SEC
dNSTombstoned

I believed they are related to the web pages accessing problem. Please tell
me if I am wrong.

I can access his problem web sites without any speed problem in my
workstation. It seems only his computer got the speed problem in the
network.

I have not much experience on fixing slow accessing problem. However, I had
used ping to ping to the problem web sites and all pings can return within a
reasonable time.

Any suggestions on how to fix his web access problem? TIA.

el
3 answers Last reply
More about problem accessing pages

    I doubt the events are related as those are Active Directory access errors.
    Try logging onto "his" computer to see if you experience the same problem as
    he does or not. I would also check the event viewer of his computer and have
    him delete his temporary internet files. Run Ipconfig /all on his computer
    to see if his tcp/ip info is correct - particularly dns. You can use
    nslookup to see if his computer can find the preferred dns server [which
    should be a domain controller] and if that server can resolve domain names.
    I would also run the support tool netdiag and look for any pertinent failed
    tests and also make sure to check the results of the winsock test.
    Spyware/adware can also cause browsing problems and you can use a tool such
    as AdAware SE or the new Microsoft Spyware [beta] program to check for
    uch. --- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx --
    Microsoft Spyware
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321708 -- netdiag
    and how to install support tools

    "el" <drop_msg -@- hotmail -DOT- com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > one of our user has problems access web pages. His computer could load
    > the
    > homepage of a website fast but the loading of all subsequence web pages
    > are
    > deadly slow. 10 or 20 minutes passed, the web page is still loading. I
    > found there are several event logs in security section in the server
    > computer. They are all the same as below:
    >
    > Event Type: Failure Audit
    > Event Source: Security
    > Event Category: Directory Service Access
    > Event ID: 565
    > Date: 4/02/2005
    > Time: 2:41:30 p
    > User: <domainname>\<usercomputername>$
    > Computer: <servercomputername>
    > Object Open:
    > Object Server: DS
    > Object Type: dnsNode
    > Object Name:
    > DC=<usercomputername>,DC=<url>,CN=MicrosoftDNS,CN=System,DC=<url>,DC=<domain
    > name>,DC=<url part>,DC=<url part>
    > New Handle ID: -
    > Operation ID: {0,617010039}
    > Process ID: 268
    > Primary User Name: <servercomputername>$
    > Primary Domain: AWTNZ
    > Primary Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7)
    > Client User Name: <usercomputer>$
    > Client Domain: <domainname>
    > Client Logon ID: (0x0,0x24C6D367)
    > Accesses Write Self
    >
    > Privileges -
    >
    > Properties:
    > DELETE
    > WRITE_DAC
    > Delete Child
    > Read Property
    > Delete Tree
    > %{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
    > ---
    > dnsRecord
    > ACCESS_SYS_SEC
    > dNSTombstoned
    >

    > I believed they are related to the web pages accessing problem. Please
    > tell
    > me if I am wrong.
    >
    > I can access his problem web sites without any speed problem in my
    > workstation. It seems only his computer got the speed problem in the
    > network.
    >
    > I have not much experience on fixing slow accessing problem. However, I
    > had
    > used ping to ping to the problem web sites and all pings can return within
    > reasonable time.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to fix his web access problem? TIA.
    >
    > el

    Hi,
    I'd tried the netdiag tool and it returned a long list of test results. The
    DNS test results was a fail. The log record is:

    DNS test ......................: Failed
    Interface {Ax5B482A-A6B8-4C27-832D-2BxCFEB6D4x6}
    DNS Domain: <DNS Domain Name>
    DNS Servers: 192.168.16.2
    IP Address: 192.168.16.53
    Expected registration with PDN (primary DNS domain name):
    Hostname: <Workstation name>
    Authoritative zone: <Domain Name>
    Primary DNS server: <DNS server name> 192.168.16.2
    Authoritative NS: 192.168.16.2
    Verify DNS registration:
    Name: <Workstation Name>
    Expected IP: 192.168.16.53
    Server 192.168.16.2: ERROR_NO_MATCH
    Missing IP from DNS: 192.168.16.53
    Wrong IP in DNS: 192.168.16.20
    [FATAL]: The DNS registration for '<Workstation Name>'
    is incorrect on all DNS servers.

    Could you please tell me what'd happened? Is the problem on DNS server or
    on the workstation? How can I fix it?

    Thanks a lot,
    el

> [...]
    > > Delete Tree
    > > %{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
    > > ---
    > > dnsRecord
    > > ACCESS_SYS_SEC
    > > dNSTombstoned
    > >

    > > I believed they are related to the web pages accessing problem. Please
    > > tell
    > > me if I am wrong.
    > >
    > > I can access his problem web sites without any speed problem in my
    > > workstation. It seems only his computer got the speed problem in the
    > > network.
    > >
    > > I have not much experience on fixing slow accessing problem. However, I
    > > had
    > > used ping to ping to the problem web sites and all pings can return
    within
    > > reasonable time.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions on how to fix his web access problem? TIA.

    Verify that the computer is pointing to a domain controller running dns with
    the Active Directory domain name and that it can ping it by IP address and
    name. The internal dns server should then be configured to resolve internet
    names. Make sure that there are no ISP dns servers in the list of preferred
    dns servers for the problem computer as shown by ipconfig /all. After
    correcting ant problems run first the command Ipconfig /flushdns and then
    Ipconfig /registerdns on the problem computer. If you still are having
    problems paste an Ipconfig /all from the problem computer here in a reply.
    Read the link below on how to configure dns for an Active Directory domain
    to double check your configuration. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B291382

> [...]
    >> > Delete Tree
    >> > %{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
    >> > ---
    >> > dnsRecord
    >> > ACCESS_SYS_SEC
    >> > dNSTombstoned
    >> >

    >> > I believed they are related to the web pages accessing problem. Please
    >> > tell
    >> > me if I am wrong.
    >> >
    >> > I can access his problem web sites without any speed problem in my
    >> > workstation. It seems only his computer got the speed problem in the
    >> > network.
    >> >
    >> > I have not much experience on fixing slow accessing problem. However,
    >> > had
    >> > used ping to ping to the problem web sites and all pings can return
    > within
    >> > reasonable time.
    >> >
    >> > Any suggestions on how to fix his web access problem? TIA.

Security Computers Windows