URGENT!! BIOS update failure

Youmei

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
Hi I tried to update bios for my giga 965P DS3. I used @bios to dowload from giga's website, and update the old bios. BUT, when I rebooted my PC, it didn't POST. The screen shows "Scanning BIOS Image in Hard Drive..." for more than 1 minute. The HD LED was off, and power LED kept blinking. Then I rebooted again, the screen showed the same messege.......
Who can help me out of this problem? I tried to take off the battery but it didn't work... Thank you very much!

CmdPT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
Lots of people are having the same trouble all the time, Its better when you put the updated in a floppy and go to Q-Flash and do it from there. Even though its has been successfully updated in @BIOS, almost all the people trying to update results in the same way.

Youmei

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
Thanks, but my problem is I don't have a floopy drive on my PC. This is my first time to update bios, I didn't realize that it was so risky. Anything else I can do to save my mobo??

Youmei

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
I can not enter BIOS setup screen because my PC freezes before going that far. Actually, it stops at the screen of showing BIOS information after checking Video card. [/quote]

Youmei

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
Thanks, but I have already tried that. I unplugged the power cable and took off the battery for 1 hour. Nothing changed after I put the battery back..... If no way I can fix that, I would like to ask for a RMA from Newegg.

CmdPT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
Yes try RMA it, just say it has stopped working after (XX days for how long you had it for) and just hope they buy it.

ms2005

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
It's pretty cheap to buy a floppy. You dont even have to install it - just plug in with case open, use for BIOS update then disconnect. I have an old one I use for that plus F6 drivers when needed.

CmdPT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
The problem the whole system won't even post and can't even get into BIOS.
Yes after you get a new board and try to update the BIOS try using Q-Flash as the success rate on that thing is alot high then @BIOS thats for sure.

Youmei

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
So tricky. I have got a RMA number for replacement for this board from Newegg . Does this mean I will have no problem to get a new board?

TRENDING THREADS