billyc

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2005
Got everything installed and ready for first power up. Nothing. No PSU fan or anything else. Only thing I heard was the power switch when I pushed it. Can I assume my PSU (OCZ gamexstream 600) is DOA?

CmdPT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
Did you make sure that the F_Panel switch are correctly installed cause thats the most common problem with people when they are building a new system they didn't plug it in correctly. Just look it over and make sure its correctly plugged in.

cutthroat

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
No, the fans don't come on until you power on the system. There is probably some LED's on your motherboard that will light up if the motherboard has power. If the LED's are on I would follow CmdPT's advice.

billyc

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2005
Thanks. I have made some progress. The rear fan, side fan and CPU cooler all came on. Didn't change anything, just tried again. Will now recheck some connections.

billyc

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2005
Life is good! I hadn't done any cable management and a couple had got to the fans blocking them. Moved them, fans started got the bios screen and everything seems ok. Noticed the sys temp to be 42C and cpu 31C for the short time it was on.

Time to move on to bios and installs. I might be in trouble since I wasn't smart enough to turn the machine on (lol).

billyc

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2005
I have P180 case with three 120 fans running at medium speed. I disabled smart fan for my cpu fan(antec pro 7). I have both sides off at the moment. I haven't done any cable management yet as I am going to install 1 more HD. I'm still running system 43C and CPU 25C. I haven't run any stress test on it yet, but I've never seen the system go above about 46. Any suggestions?