Need advice on case for my build

redboy

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I've been looking for a good full tower case for my first build for the past week, i've done rsearch and looked into several cases and i think i found what i've been looking for. I need a case that will serve me through a couple of upgrades, have good airlow, and room for large vid cards, PSU and Quad core when i get all these things in the futute. I think that Gigabyte's 3D Aurora 570 will be perfect for that:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811233013

This is what i plan to put in there, i havent decided on the CPU cooling yet:
Intel D975XBX2 board, Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or e6700, 2 GB o f OCZ DDR2-800 RAM, 2 ATI Radeon 1950Pro cards, 150 GB WD Raptor, 250 GB Seagate Barracuda, Creative SB X-FI Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro, CORSAIR 620W or OCZ game x stream 700w PSU, Lite-On SATA DVD Burner,Asus SATA DVD-ROM

The case seems to have great reviews and few flaws, whaty do you folks think? Good choice or bad? Would youi recomend something else?

redboy

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Thanks for the response, TT armor was one of the cases i considering for my build, Aurora and Armor are almost exactly the same size, only Armor is a bit wider. I just like the Aurora look better, plus it doesnt have those annoying doors that the Armor has, and it includes a mesh and side window so the owner of the case can use either. This why i like it. Is there any partucular reasons why Armor would be better? Does Aurora have any problems that i'm not aware of?

redboy

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Like i said above, my main concern is room for upgrades, i need this case to last at least 5 years, it seems to me that both the Armor and the Aurora will be ok for that. The reason why i brought this up is a) to make sure that is actually the case and b) i wanted to find out if there are any problems with the Aurora that i should know about and that i'm not making a mistake by getting it. Since i havent heard anything from you that would indicate any problems with my choice i assume that both Armor and Aurora are of equal quality more or less, and i guess it is a matter of taste.

redboy

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Well then, thanks for your help! :wink: I'm glad to know that the case i picked will suit my needs just fine.

If anyone else has anything to add, i'd only welcome it. I'm also curious to hear from the owners of the Aurora, how is it working out for you?