How to delete posix and os2 subsystems in win 2003

Tags:
  • OS/2
  • Servers
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
February 7, 2005 4:32:34 AM

I want to delete posix and os2 subsystems on my Windows 2003 Servers.
I've found an article, Q320869, but that is for Windows 2000 Servers.
Is it anyone who has done this without problems?

Thanks in advance
Nick

More about : delete posix os2 subsystems win 2003

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:28:54 PM

There is a security option to configure such for Windows 2003 Servers. For
instance open up Local Security Policy [secpol.msc] and go to security
settings/local policies/security options and find the option for system
settings:o ptional subsystems. I believe posix is shown by default and can be
removed. See the link below for more details. --- Steve

http://tinyurl.com/53ygk -- same link as above, shorter.

"Nick" <google@pokerfreaks.net> wrote in message
>I want to delete posix and os2 subsystems on my Windows 2003 Servers.
> I've found an article, Q320869, but that is for Windows 2000 Servers.
> Is it anyone who has done this without problems?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Nick

February 10, 2005 7:18:57 AM

Thanks Steven,