How to delete posix and os2 subsystems in win 2003

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I want to delete posix and os2 subsystems on my Windows 2003 Servers.
I've found an article, Q320869, but that is for Windows 2000 Servers.
Is it anyone who has done this without problems?

Thanks in advance
Nick

There is a security option to configure such for Windows 2003 Servers. For
instance open up Local Security Policy [secpol.msc] and go to security
settings/local policies/security options and find the option for system
settings:eek:ptional subsystems. I believe posix is shown by default and can be
removed. See the link below for more details. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/windowsserv/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/644.asp
http://tinyurl.com/53ygk -- same link as above, shorter.