IpSEC in Windows an Unix system

Hi:

I nedd config a GPO in my domain to all the computers use only IPSEC, I have
another UNIX-based server (HP-UX), and I need all the clients conect with
this server (over IPSEC), can I do it? if its possible, what software I need?

Thks.

You can configure your a GPO with an IPsec policy. The clients logging int
the OU configured with that GPO will then get the IPsec Policy via GPO. No
addititional software is needed for Windows XP or 2k3 clients, just verify
that they have the latest updates.

With respect to these clients connecting to an HP-UX machine - you need to
verify with HP that your version of HP-UX is IPsec ready, and uses
compatible authentication and encryption.

--
Louise Bowman
(MSFT)
"Ignacio" <Ignacio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I nedd config a GPO in my domain to all the computers use only IPSEC, I
have
> another UNIX-based server (HP-UX), and I need all the clients conect with
> this server (over IPSEC), can I do it? if its possible, what software I
need?

> Thks.

I don't know how to configure the Unix server offhand, but you can easily
create an ipsec policy for Windows 2000/XP Pro/W2003 domain computers via
security policy. Security policy is a subset of Group Policy under user
configuration/Windows settings/security settings where you will see IP
security policy. Windows comes with three default configured ipsec policies
for require, request, or client/respond. Any ipsec policy configured in a
Windows domain must however be configured to exempt at least domain
controllers from the ipsec negotiation policy or the domain can come to a
halt.

You have three options for computer authentication - kerberos, preshared key
[least secure but great for testing] , or certificate. Then you can tweak
the policy to use ESP or AH, though most of the time ESP is used for traffic
encryption and integrity. You will need to make sure that all computer can
use common methods for key exchange and ESP such as Diffie Hellman level,
DES, 3DES, SHA, or MD5. You may find ipsecmon helpful in troubleshooting
ipsec security associations with Windows 2000 computers and the mmc Ipsec
Monitor snapin for XP Pro and Windows 2003. The link below may help
ore. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/security/ipsecsteps.asp