MOM 2005 account security reports

IS there a report or at least a management pack that will produce information
such as inactive accounts, last logon date, accounts with passwords set to
never expire, locked accounts, etc. (the types of reports that make
auditors happy!)?

For Windows 2003 domains, you can use the Active Directory command line
tools such as dsquery and dsget to find that information. For Windows 2000
domains, if you install Adminpak for Windows 2003 [download at MS site] on
an XP Pro domain member you can also use such tools. Windows 2000 domain
controllers however do not replicate the last logon timestamp and if you
have Windows 2000 domain controllers that information will have to pulled
from all the Windows 2000 domain controllers. SomarSoft has a free tool
called dumpsec that can also produce reports of some of the tasks you
specify while their not free product Hyena can do a lot more. I believe you
can download a full function version of Hyena for a time limited trial. The
links below may help. --- Steve

http://www.systemtools.com/somarsoft/
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBO/tip7300/rh7330.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/WINDOWSXP/home/using/productdoc/en/DS_command_line_tools.asp

GFowl wrote:

> IS there a report or at least a management pack that will produce information
> such as inactive accounts, last logon date, accounts with passwords set to
> never expire, locked accounts, etc. (the types of reports that make
> auditors happy!)?
Hi

Easily done with VBScript, see "Free VBScript Code"/
"User Administration" here for some examples:

http://www.rlmueller.net/

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: